Chapter 2 - A Spider's Offer

"I see, so the situation is serious, how long has she been feeling like this?" Said Dedede as he cleaned the hot chocolate left on his mouth. Flamberge then took a sip of her own and made a defeated look. " I don't know, I got so carried away that I didn't even ask how she felt about Kirby inviting us to Popstar."

"I know how ya feel, impulsive people like us tend to forget about others, what can I do to help?"

The red-haired lady widened her eyes as she spoke. "Are you really willing to help? The literal king of Dreamland is gonna help my sister? Wow, if this place has an election, you already have my vote."

Dedede chuckled and ruffled the young one's hair. "It's impossible to not be amused by your words. Of course I'm gonna help ya, it is my duty to help my people. I'm not that selfish dictator I once was."

"NO WAY, you were a bad guy?! That is not possible!"

"Yes, it happened, I was the first villain this planet has seen, but Kirby opened my eyes and now I am a Star Ally, like ya. It was hard being good, however, I eventually had the strategy mastered; other people also helped me." Dedede stopped for a moment to think. "I think I know who can help your sister, he is a friend of mine."

Flamberge jumped off her chair, maybe she drank too much hot chocolate. "You do?! Amazing!! Who?!" She said between jumps.

The king looked at his window, memories flying back to him. "His name is Taranza, he is the king of Floralia, a kingdom high above Dreamland. Here is a funny story: when we first met years ago, he came to capture me-"

"CAPTURE YOU?! I don't want this guy around my sister, okay?!" Flamberge interrupted, raising her sword in the process.

"Listen, I know it might sound a little bad, but he-"

"A LITTLE? He literally made a criminal act against you!! I-" She looked at Dedede, who wasn't making any expression. "Sorry your majesty, I overreacted, again."

Dedede smiled at her. "You're forgiven, now as I was saying, he may have a dark past, but he redeemed himself by helping me save Kirby defeat his former queen. His heart is pure and a friend like him can help soften even the sturdiest heart (he only failed once...). Taranza it's the best option to resolve Zan's problem."

Hearing the king's words, Flamberge calmed herself. "Okay, he sounds nice, I may have misjudged him before even meeting him. I hope he is available."

"I'm sure he is, that clumsy spider is always willing to help (even if it hurts him even more...)"

"Why are you muttering some parts, Triple D?" Flamberge asked.

King Dedede sighed and sat on his throne. "There is just one detail, he is going through a deep grief, so please, don't mention the queen and don't ask about his past, he doesn't like to talk about it. Only Kirby and I are the ones to know, trust me, it's the saddest thing you'll hear in your life."

"You have my word, I'll keep my mouth shut and will inform the others about that. Thank you Dedede, if he accepts, let me know." The red-haired girl said, making her way to the exit.

"I'll keep ya informed, tomorrow I'm gonna call him. Goodbye!!" Dedede waved.

"Bye!!!!" Flamberge waved back.

-------------------------------------------

Above the clouds, there was the beautiful castle of Floralia, it shined brightly as the sun rose and ended the dark night.

"Huh?" Taranza awoke as the day lit up his bedroom, his eyes were sore due to the crying of the last day. The room was messy and had many frames of the deceased queen, along with some pots with blue and pink flowers.