Chapter 20 - Moonlight Madness

"STOP! STOP, I SAY!" Hyness' scream made everyone quiet as the three girls all sighed in relief at seeing him recovered from the hit, that moment managed to distract them from their real objective. Meta Knight looked in the old mage's direction with a skeptical look, even if no one was able to see it.

"No entiendo, why should we stop planning?" The knight crossed his arms while he waited for an answer that could surpass his. While everybody patiently expected a good plan, Magolor came from behind with a serious expression. "We have bigger problems than you expect, I think." He scratched the back of his head.

"The smart kid is right, folks." Hyness nodded. "A giant object is coming, I am not sure if it will hit Popstar or just pass by. However, we perceive a strange energy coming from it." He cleared his throat. "With my own spaceship, I will go there to see what it is; considering its velocity, it will arrive in about three days."

While some of the Dream Friends thought about Hyness' plan, King Dedede raised his hand. "So, let me see if I understand... All of this prophecy stuff was about a giant ROCK?" He narrowed his eyes, causing the old wizard to shake his head from side to side. "Of course not! If that evil spider wants to rule a kingdom in the skies, his plan must be related to the object."

Pausing for a moment, Hyness looked around before frowning and scratching his nose. "Hold on a second, I don't see the good arachnid anywhere..." Right as he said that, Meta Knight made an angry gesture and pointed his sword towards him. "We are losing precious time, Dark Taranza already has his counterpart captured." He returned to his map.

"GUYS!" Kirby exclaimed, which brought everyone's attention to him. "We can do both! Some of us go with Hyness while the others go with me. There is no need to fight, that will only make us weaker. While we are losing our bonds, our enemy is laughing." The pink boy stored his fifth ability and continued.

"We are the Star Allies! If we maintain the power of friendship, light will prevail. Are you guys in?"

After a few minutes of pondering, they all nodded. "Great!" Kirby jumped in glee. "Now who's going with Hyness?" When the puffball said that, Magolor immediately raised his hand. "I am."

No noise came from the room they were in, making the two floating mages look at each other. When Dedede was about to raise his hammer, an unexpected individual decided to say something. "I'm also going with them." Marx jumped off his ball, an action that brought surprise to many of them.

The purple jester walked towards his new team and stopped right in front of Magolor, who tilted his head in confusion. "Look, dude. Your pranks aren't that bad." Marx was terrible at apologizing, but his simple words were able to bring a smile to his friend. "I was going to change them anyway. Prank buddies?" The egg-shaped wizard asked.

"Prank buddies." Thinking of possible new plans, Marx smirked as he rubbed his invisible hands. Hyness didn't know if he could trust the grape kid, but there wasn't much time left; so he shrugged and left the room with the two best friends.

A sudden lightning interrupted the moment and caused Dedede to look outside the window, gasping right after. "Ya guys need to see this."

The three mage-sisters, Kirby, Bandana Dee and Meta Knight all reacted differently as they saw the sky above them turning a deep shade of purple. The two orbs looked with seriousness; Flamberge and the waddle dee widened their eyes; Francisca made a concerned expression and her sister was a mess of emotions, she felt angry, guilty and worried at the same time.

"Well, now we know exactly where Taranza is." The king of Dreamland wasted no time and gave them a royal order. "Prepare yourselves, we will leave in a few hours."