Chapter 15 - Heart to Heart

"But how? I can't just return to the castle and say: Hi, I'm sorry." Zan hit her head on the tree trunk and groaned. "I don't know if I can do this." The girl in yellow sighed and sadly looked at her sister, who facepalmed as she said that.

"Zan, it's just an apology, you're overthinking." Francisca gave her an annoyed look; she was then shaken by the lightning mage, who put both hands on her shoulder. "It cannot be a simple apology, I need to give him THE apology. Only then he can forgive me."

The ice mage gave a sigh of annoyance and slightly smiled. "Let it come out naturally. If you speak from your heart, he will see that you are deeply sorry. Planning the whole apology can show that you can't be yourself. It would look forced, giving him the chance to avoid you."

In response to her commentary, Zan facepalmed and rubbed her face. "This is too hard, there's probably a manual to explain this." She shook her head right after. "Where can I find it? It would help a lot." Touching the tip of her weapon, she forced a smile.

At this point Francisca was losing her mind, so she thought of something that could resolve the problem. "Look, sis, I think it'd be better if we go already." Widening her eyes, the oldest sister gasped.

"What? Now?! Are you nuts?! I have no idea what to say!" She made a gesture to emphasize her nervousness, which caused the ice mage to hold her hand. "Think about the things he likes, be thoughtful. Show him that he means a lot to you and you're willing to fix this."

The girl in blue took a deep breath and continued. "If it makes you feel better, I'll go with you to the castle. But when we arrive there, it's up to you." Zan sighed. "Okay."

As the two girls were about to leave, someone ran up to them. "Girls!" Flamberge panted. "Phew! What a run. Where were you?" The red-haired mage sat on the ground and rested her back on the trunk, gaining a stoic look from her younger sister.

"We're in the same place as before."

"Oh." The girl in red mentally facepalmed, but smiled when she saw that Zan had woken up. "Zan!" She got up and stopped, making a suspicious expression right after. "Wait, are you still in your anger mode?" Flamberge rubbed her chin, which made her oldest sister slightly smile.

"Nope, I'm back to normal." She rubbed her hands and nervously looked at the ground, in one of those memories she recalled threatening to turn her into ashes. Boy, how she felt bad for that.

Flamberge smiled and pulled the two to a quick hug; the moment it ended she jumped. "If you're asking about Hyness, I'm happy to say that the he is recovering from the wound." She put her hands together and nodded.

The girl's information caused Zan to sigh and Francisca to put her hand on her chest. "One less thing to worry about." The bluette hugged herself and relaxed.

When the fire mage saw her older sister's sad face, she frowned and pointed at her. "Is she okay? Her expression says otherwise."

"She feels bad for making Taranza cry. She is finding a way to apologize and I'm helping her. We were about to go to the castle." The bluette sighed and the two looked at Zan, who widened her eyes and forced a smile. "Yeah..." She slowly nodded. "Sorry if I threatened you earlier, I lost control, again." She scratched the back of her head.

Flamberge made a worried face and tilted her head to the side, touching Zan's shoulder as she did that. "Oh... It's okay, what matters is that you apologized." The girl in red pulled her sister to a quick hug, making a face of alertness right after. "Oh-oh."

"Oh-oh what?" Full of sternness, the lightning mage held her younger sister's two shoulders, begging that nothing bad happened.

With sweating hands, the red-haired girl freed herself from Zan's touch. "So... I didn't come just to say that, there's another thing... A worrying one..." Now Francisca got worried. "What is it?" She stroked a lock of hair in a nervous motion.