Chapter 24 - The Eye of the Storm

A few moments ago, Void's laser had separated the platform into four smaller ones that went in different directions. During the crazy battle, two beings were unconscious.

"My head... hurts..." Magolor rubbed his yellow eyes and patted his clothes before analyzing the place he was now in. From what the egg-shaped wizard had seen, he was close to the cave's entrance. "Back to the beginning, I wonder if-"

When he was about to finish his sentence, a giant fireball distracted him. It was at this moment that he knew a big battle was happening right in front of him; well, a hundred meters in front of him, to be more precise.

Magolor was taken by surprise when he saw two guys he once betrayed and a red-haired girl, all fighting a dark muscular version of the king he knew well. He closed his eyes and recalled being knocked out when the floating platform was destroyed; two went in the opposite direction, six to the sides, which meant that...

"Holy moly! For the love of the ancients! Hyness is missing!" The blue orb panicked and quickly searched for the old man, giving a sigh of relief when he found him.

Hyness wasn't in a bad shape, in fact, it almost seemed as if he was merely taking a nap. Before Magolor could say something, one of Void's lasers hit the ceiling right above them. That action forced Magolor to make a desperate move, so he grabbed the ancient by his robe and ran towards the exit. The guy barely escaped from being crushed by falling rocks.

"NO NO NO NO!" Hyness suddenly woke up and heavily breathed, his face emanating confusion and craziness. After calming himself down and looking at the wide-eyed egg in front of him, the old man rubbed his nose and nodded.

"Greetings, kiddo." Hyness patted him. "What is this strange place?"

Sure, you may think the ancient went nuts, but the tunnel was a little different than before. Its walls glowed a deep shade of purple, which caused Magolor to frown. "Uhhh... that is, or at least was, the cave's entrance."

Oh great... the two of them were stuck, wait... technically, they were the only ones who could easily get out of this place. If someone could find a way to destroy the pile of rocks, it's Kirby.

With that in mind, Hyness did not worry much about the others' situation. And remember that his adoptive daughters were stuck in the cave. His chameleon-like eyes widened like they never did before, causing the ancient enthusiast to tilt his head to the side in confusion.

"When Void is full of positive or negative energy-" He began. "It explodes and destroys everything on its path..." In response to his commentary, Magolor smiled and nodded.

"Right! I remember Kirby telling me that Void Termina's defeat caused a gigantic explosion." His radiant smile, though, quickly disappeared as the egg-shaped wizard realized what would happen. "Considering how close we are to Popstar, the explosion would destroy the WHOLE PLANET!!"

Magolor put his hands on top of his head and panicked again, only stopping when Hyness snapped his fingers. "Worry not, anxious kid. I may have an alternative solution. Come with me."

Making a gesture for the egg to follow him, Hyness returned to his ship. He took a quick glimpse into the tiny Planet Popstar before entering it with the smart kid.

"Blue egg-" With just two words, the living ancient managed to annoy the heck out of Magolor. But the guy let this one pass through, after all, this was a serious situation. "-I need you to power my ship with that magic of yours. If we get enough energy, it should be able to change the meteor's course."

Everything was too fast for the poor boy to handle, he always liked to have things under his control. Magolor took a deep breath, put his hands together and narrowed his eyes; he wanted to make sure nothing would be misunderstood.