Chapter 21 - Reunion

"Okay." Zan took a deep breath as she gazed upon the lonely tower located in the eye of the storm, all of her negative thoughts disappeared as she reached total concentration. "Let's do this." She warmed up for a few seconds before taking a deeper look at the clouds's positions. She then jumped...

...And fell on a cloud that was dense enough to hold her weight. Lightning after lightning struck, making it almost impossible for a mere human to pass through; but she was strengthened by electricity itself, so she had an opportunity to survive. 

The blonde mage jumped from cloud to cloud as she gracefully dodged everything the storm sent at her, nothing would stop the determined girl from reaching her goal. The storm acted as if it knew of her existence, so it charged the biggest bolt possible that reminded her of the one that almost killed her in the past.

Shaking her head as she was refusing to give up, Zan decided to jump in the lightning's direction, so she did. As soon as it was about to strike her, she used her own weapon to redirect it and sent it at the tower's entrance; that resulted in a big explosion that obliterated the door, giving her a chance to storm through the tower.

The girl climbed it from the inside after precisely landing in front of it. There were a whole bunch of stairs that made the tower seem endless. As she went up the stairs, more and more bolts made it impossible for her to read her own thoughts.

She rested for a minute after almost reaching the tower's top, the lightning mage then had memories flashing back at her. She recalled the day she almost died, which stopped her from doing anything. "You can do this, focus on the present, Zan." She said to herself.

"You can't let your mistakes bring you down." The girl sighed and continued her climb. "Everything will work out in the end, he's not dead..." A sudden wave of positivity brought hope to her heart, even when every single thing around her tried to say the opposite.

Finally, she reached the top of the tower. A few meters more and she would be in outer space. Interrupting her thoughts, a shooting star passed over her; that reminded her of her own wish she made years ago, so she closed her eyes and said:

"Happiness, here I come." Zan opened her eyes when she heard Dark Taranza's laughs echoing back and forth, it was now or never.

----------------------------------------

"Nope, I'm not doing this!" Despite his friend's efforts, Marx refused to follow the old man's plan. "Come on, dude, we are losing time!" Magolor gave him the dark matter identifier, trying his best not to upset the living ancient. But he still refused.

"Have you seen that dark rock? If we get closer, we'll evaporate, I'm sure." The jester dropped the device on the ground, which gave Magolor an idea. "Well, there goes my Star Slam Heroes attraction. If you think a meteor is dangerous, then that could make people sue me." He crossed out the note.

"We could create a prank based on the meteor." The egg-shaped wizard shrugged, raising the handless being's interest. "A prank, huh?" Marx thought for a brief moment before nodding in suspicion. "I'm not sure how that would work out, but I'm in." He smirked.

"Great!" Magolor exclaimed. "Now, just keep this radio with you so we can communicate out there. It's the same one I gave you when we first met, but you ate part of it." The floating prankster narrowed his eyes and shook his head. "So I had to fix it." Marx only laughed at his commentary.

Hyness almost wanted to join them in their comedy life, that was a fact; but he avoided any distractions and interrupted their moment by giving the two kids a pat on the back. "Kiddos, you gotta go now. The meteor is making its way to another planet." In response to his orders, the two pranksters made a soldier pose before bursting in laughter.