Chapter 5 - First Day

After the spider left, Zan took a look at her room, it was extremely organized, nothing seemed wrong about it, but the girl learnt her whole life that you should never let your guard down. She put out her things and never let go of her weapon, even if it took way longer.

Two tedious hours later, she had finally finished, the girl then looked at the clock, it marked 4 p.m. The blonde lady didn't have anything to do at that moment, so she grabbed that book, sat down on her bed and started reading it.

"What? That is ridiculous!" She said after looking at page number forty of five hundred, yes, you read that right, the book had five hundred pages. "Do not use any weapons unless you work here?" She grabbed her precious lance. "I'll not let my friend in here, that spider is too systematic!"

When she reached page number four hundred, the clock marked 9 p.m, she threw the book to the side in frustration. "Argh! I can't believe that I lost five hours and didn't even finished reading this stupid book! Seriously, who has that many rules?! My Void, please, help me."

A knock on the door was heard, the girl went to answer it, hoping it was Taranza, she wanted to discount all of her anger on him. "Look, bowl cut, I don't care if your systematic persona is-" On the other side was no spider, but Bandana Waddle Dee carrying a steel tray.

"Deliver for you, Zan! Here's your dinner!" She grabbed the tray and raised an eyebrow in confusion. "Weren't you working as a guard?" The boy scratched the back of his 'neck'. "Actually I'm doing many things, I work as a guard, a butler, a florist and I sign papers, I don't know the title given to this last one." He admitted.

She nodded in understanding and thanked him for it, which made him leave, working nonstop. Zan then ate it all and, after one hour, she went to bed, thinking about her weird day. Nonetheless, she was actually enjoying it, maybe it wasn't as bad as she thought.

-------------------------------------

"Mr. Taranza, everything is ready, should I wake our guest up?" Bandana Dee asked

Taranza nodded and looked from his room's window to look at Zan's room. It was a brand new day and he hoped he wouldn't fail. The intern made his way to wake her up, giving the spider the time he needed to think one more time.

"I will not let this end in failure, but, for this whole plan to end well, it also depends on her, like it depended on my queen... Control your thoughts Taranza, you can do it." He inhaled and left his room.

At the girl's room, Zan was having a nightmare about that fateful day, when she reached the top, a noise startled her, causing her to fall. "Zan, it's time to wake up." She panted as she woke up, the girl then looked to the side and saw the waddle dee with a drum cymbal on his hands. "I forgot to tell you, but I also make part of a band, sadly, the Deedly Dees refused my offer."

Zan rubbed her eyes and got out of bed. "I'm sorry miss, but we have a routine to follow." She said nothing and made him leave to let her get ready. After ten minutes, she made her way to the main hall as the note given by Bandana Dee said, there she found the same fella and the spider.

"Bonjour, miss Partizanne. I hope you had a great night of sleep." Taranza said as he fixed his hair. Zan looked to the sides and saw that there was nothing on the hall, no vases, no carpet and no frames. "Good, you're redecorating, the original palette sucked."

The arachnid forced a smile, that girl knew exactly how to annoy him. "I see your rudeness is still strong. But no, I'm not redecorating, I just placed everything on the deposit to clean this room, I want no risk." He started to warm up.

Bandana Dee grabbed a bag of popcorn and sat on the corner. "This is gonna be exciting, go on your majesty!" The blonde girl made a confused look "I don't get it, what's going on here?" She rubbed her head.