Chapter 8 - Chit-Chat

The seventh day has ended, Zan removed the board that she made and organized her things. In the morning, everything was packed. Bandana Waddle Dee also prepared his stuff, after all, today was his last day as Taranza's intern. The two spear wielders went to the castle's entrance and waited.

"Wow! We'll be travel buddies!" He jumped in excitement, an action that would have made her annoyed. However, this time she made an effort not to ruin his moment. "Jokes aside, I have two questions for you before Mr. Taranza arrives." He said, touching her weapon with his own.

Zan smiled and patted the boy's head. "Go on." Just as she asked, he cleared his throat and began talking. "Okay, first question: did you like your time in Floralia? Was it worth it?" She nodded in response. "Seriously? No words? Just an action?" He insisted.

The girl sighed and stood with her arms crossed. "Yeah... It was... interesting..." Zan suddenly smirked and raised her eyebrows. "I cannot say the same thing for you. You should be proud that you've trained with the great Zan Partizanne! I bet your skills went up by twenty percent."

Instead of stopping her pride, the waddle dee only nodded. "I wouldn't say twenty percent, but it's close." He looked back at the castle and thought of something. "Speaking of fighting skills, have you found out what Mr. Taranza's weakness is?" The blonde mage groaned.

"Ugh... No, I haven't. But one day I'll come back and rub my victory on his face!"She raised a fist in the air and the boy jumped again. "Oooooh, so exciting! Tell me when you win! Or better yet! Give me the juicy details!" His stomach rumbled. "Mmm, a bottle of apple juice would be nice."

Before she could respond, Taranza came from the door, fixing his hair as he did so. "Salut my good friends! I suppose you're ready to leave." He opened his ship's door and let his passengers enter it, his face beaming as he did that.

---------------------------------------

The journey took around one hour, Bandana Waddle Dee had a sleeping mask and loudly snored. Meanwhile, Zan made a rhythm in the window, it was her way of spending time. Taranza carefully commanded the ship and looked behind him; he didn't know why, but just by looking at the girl's face he could sense a smile coming. She reminded him too much of Sectonia, from her attitude to her unique hair style.

Taking a quick glance from the window, the spider saw castle Dedede. He then pressed a button, which made the ship slowly descend. After feeling a light bump, the waddle dee took his mask off. "Have we arrived?" Taranza gave him a thumbs up.

The lightning general grabbed her suitcase and got off the ship, not forgetting about her special gift. The arachnid helped his former intern grab his things, getting a thank you in return. "And here we are! (ugh, that sentence still gives me the heebie jeebies) I hope you have enjoyed your time in my kingdom." He tried to be cool by snapping his fingers, but ended up even more corny.

Bandana Waddle Dee ran to the castle to greet his real king and organize his things, leaving the two alone. "Um... This is weird." She said, fixing a hair strand that was on her face. "Sorry, I'm not good with this stuff." The girl said with a look full of nervousness.

With a small grin on his face, he playfully punched her shoulder. "There is no need to apologize, Zan, you can visit me anytime, just rent a ship and fly up, it's very simple." He laughed. "I am still waiting for that revenge of ours." Taranza teased her.

"And this time, I'll not be the one losing." She smiled and put one hand on her hip. "Take care, okay?" Zan looked at him with a worried look, which disappeared after he gave her a hug.