Molly Weasley fell back against her husband and watched Fleur mopping up Bill's wounds with a most curious expression upon her face. Nobody said anything- Will was shining with pride, as though Fleur was a student of his who had scored full marks in his test. Everyone else was waiting for Molly to start the explosion.

"Our Great-Auntie Muriel," said Molly after a long pause, "has a very beautiful tiara--goblin-made--which I am sure I could persuade her to lend you for the wedding. She is very fond of Bill, you know, and it would look lovely with your hair."

"Thank you," said Fleur stiffly. "I am sure zat will be lovely."

And then, even before I could blink, both women were crying and hugging each other. Completely bewildered, wondering whether the world had gone mad, I turned around: Ron looked as stunned as he felt and Ginny and Hermione were exchanging startled looks.

"You see!" said a strained voice. Tonks was glaring at Remus. "She still wants to marry him, even though he's been bitten! She doesn't care!"

"It's different," said Lupin, barely moving his lips and looking suddenly tense. "Bill will not be a full werewolf. The cases are completely--"

"But I don't care either, I don't care!" said Tonks, seizing the front of Remus' robes and shaking them. "I've told you a million times..."

Time for all the eyes to move to the next couple.

"And I've told you a million times," said Remus, refusing to meet her eyes, staring at the floor, "that I am too old for you, too poor... too dangerous..."

"I've said all along you're taking a ridiculous line on this, Remus," said Molly over Fleur's shoulder as she patted her on the back.

They were an odd couple, yes.... I thought that Remus and Sirius were better... but Tonks was good too. She was funny, caring and brave. Not to mention, she was better than Sirius in some ways. And possibly a perfect fit for someone with the personality of a large teddy bear like Remus. And besides, Remus liked Tonks, not Sirius.

"I am not being ridiculous," said Remus steadily. "Tonks deserves somebody young and whole."

"But she wants you," said Arthur, with a small smile. "And after all, Remus, young and whole men do not necessarily remain so."

He gestured sadly at his son, lying between them.

"This is... not the moment to discuss it," said Lupin, avoiding everybody's eyes as he looked around distractedly. "Dumbledore is dead...."

"Dumbledore would have been happier than anybody to think that there was a little more love in the world," said Professor McGonagall curtly, just as the hospital doors opened again and Hagrid walked in.

The little of his face that was not obscured by hair or beard was soaking and swollen; he was shaking with tears, a vast, spotted handkerchief in his hand.

"I've... I've done it, Professor," he choked. "M-moved him. Professor Sprout's got the kids back in bed. Professor Flitwick's lyin down, but he says he'll be all righ' in a jiffy, an' Professor Slughorn says the Ministry's bin informed."

"Thank you, Hagrid," said Professor McGonagall, standing up at once and turning to look at the group around Bill's bed. "I shall have to see the Ministry when they get here. Hagrid, please tell the Heads of Houses--Slughorn can represent Slytherin-- that I want to see them in my office forthwith. I would like you to join us too."

As Hagrid nodded, turned, and shuffled out of the room again, she looked down at Harry. "Before I meet them I would like a quick word with you, Harry. If you'll come with me..."

Harry stood up, murmured "See you in a bit" to Ron, Hermione, and Ginny, and followed Professor McGonagall back down the ward.

"It's always been pretty clear," Annabeth said. "Remus, Sirius would want you to do this."

"It's not the time," Remus said again. 

"What about the Order?" Arthur asked. "Without Dumbledore..."

"It's still an Order," Jason said. "We'll need it."

Molly raised and eyebrow at him. "We?"

"Yes, all of us," Jason said. "Regardless of whether we're attending the meetings or not, every single man and woman who has fought for the good is now a member of the Order of the Phoenix."

Arthur smiled. "He's right," he nodded. 

"We may not be Dumbledores," Annabeth said, "but put together, we can easily match Dumbledore as well. He was powerful, but together, we are all more powerful."

"We have people who are experts in every field," I nodded. "We need to keep the Order going."

There was an eerie silence as the members nodded slowly in agreement.

"Will the school close? Now that Dumbledore's gone?" Hermione asked.

"They will," Lupin said. "Now that Dumbledore's gone...Voldemort will start rising-" 

"I wouldn't be surprised if he took over the Ministry," Arthur said, "the weakest link in our system."

"McGonagall won't tolerate the school being taken over by him," Remus continued, nodding. "Hogwarts will close for good."

__________________________________________