Cue another terrifying gasp from Hermione.

"Malfoy," I growled.

"But then," Harry continued, "I was walking with her to Dumbledore to tell him that Malfoy was celebrating, and Trelawney told me about her first interview- the one where she told him the prophecy... and she told me that she was rudely interrupted by Severus Snape."

"SNAPE?" Ron roared. 

"Shh!" 

"Sorry!"

"He told Voldemort about the prophecy, it was him, he listened outside the door," Hermione whispered.

"I tried to protest him, Dumbledore," Harry said, now fuming, "but he believes that Snape has turned sides completely. But he's up to something with Draco Malfoy right now, right under Dumbledore's nose. He's asked me to help him today."

"What with?" I asked. 

"He's found a horcrux, and he wants me to help him find it," Harry said. "I need to go with him. He's told me and made me promise that I obey any command he might me you at once, and without question. I think it'll take time. Maybe hours."

"There's a chance Malfoy will get to work in the meanwhile and finish of his plan," Jason said, his eyes wide.

"You see what this means?" Harry finished at a gallop. "Dumbledore won't be here tonight, so Malfoy's going to have another clear shot at whatever he's up to. No, listen to me!" he hissed angrily, as both Ron and Hermione showed every sign of interrupting. "I know it was Malfoy celebrating in the Room of Requirement. Here--" He shoved the Marauder's Map into Hermione's hand. "You've got to watch him and you've got to watch Snape, too. Use anyone else who you can rustle up from the DA. Hermione, those contact Galleons will still work, right? Dumbledore says he's put extra protection in the school, but if Snape's involved, he'll know what Dumbledore's protection is, and how to avoid it--but he won't be expecting you lot to be on the watch, will he?"

"Harry--" began Hermione, her eyes huge with fear.

"I haven't got time to argue," said Harry curtly. "Take this as well--" He thrust the socks into Ron's hands.

"Thanks," said Ron. "Er--why do I need socks?"

"You need what's wrapped in them, it's the Felix Felicis. Share it between yourselves and Ginny too. Say goodbye to her from me. I'd better go, Dumbledore's waiting--"

"No!" said Hermione, as Ron unwrapped the tiny little bottle of golden potion, looking awestruck. "We don't want it, you take it, who knows what you're going to be facing?"

"I'll be fine, I'll be with Dumbledore," said Harry. "I want to know you lot are okay... don't look like that, Hermione, I'll see you later"

And he was off, hurrying back through the portrait hole towards the Entrance Hall.

"Okay," I sat up. "Hermione, do you think you can still find Alex's trunk in the girls' dorms?"

"It's still there, yes," Hermione said, standing up. 

"Good," I said. "Open it, and find her most ridiculous pair of clothes-"

"Rainbow jeans," Jason said, standing up seriously. 

"And you'll find another vial of Felix Felicis in it, just a tad bit bigger than Harry's," I finished.

"But-" Ron started.

"It's Alex's, I didn't want to steal," I said. "But I have no option now."

Hermione dashed up the staircase at once. 

"Ron," Jason ordered, "go get Neville and Ginny, they're both at the library. Percy, find Annabeth and explain it to her. Get Luna along the way."

Hermione came back down the stairs with a pair of rainbow striped jeans, one of Alex's favorites that she never wore. In her other hand, was a medium sized vial of the liquid luck. 

"Split it four ways," I said, "one for each of us and the people we're bringing with us."

"I'll find Ernie and Will," Jason nodded, as I took out two more ampoules from my pocket. "Hermione, you and Annabeth start on the plan- go with Percy."

"Ron, if you find anyone on the corridor who's not on the DA," I said, "tell them to get out the way."

"We don't know what the threat is," Jason said, pocketing his vial of Felix, "let's not be too late. Stay sharp. This is your first battle."

"If you get hurt," I said, "keep fighting, unless you are wounded badly. Stings and twitches can come and go, but if you get stabbed, first seek medical. Find Will."

"You seem to know a lot," Ron said.

"If we told you the story of how we know it, we'll be dead by evening," Jason said sternly. "Get going. I'll see you after the battle."

Each of us took a small swig from the Felix and rushed out the portrait. 

"Hey," Jason pulled me back for a moment. "Thank you."

I pulled him into a hug. "Stay alive, bro."

"I will."

________________________________________________