Chapter no 37

jungkook pov

I missed it 

I missed her 

gosh, I've been going crazy ever since the day she kissed me. no wait correction...pecked me. a minute more and I would've kissed her back but that cutie backed out and just ran off. she was in that room for the whole day, not for avoiding me but because she couldn't be anywhere else. in fact, she's been occupied with it for a while now.

guess I really gave her something to busy herself. she is rarely around nowadays.

as I turned the page of the file my phone pinged with a message. opening it up, it was a picture of my wife standing in the middle of her fully decorated art room, in a beautiful pastel printed dress, her hair open arms stretched out, body tilted on her one foot and that killer smile on her face.

I wonder if she fell while doing that?

not even a minute later, a number flashed on my phone, my ringtone ringing in my ears

home.

I picked it up and her hyped bubbly voice fell in my ears as she squealed. 

"what do you think? does it look good?.... I thought the curtains looked weird but I just left them like that for now. do they?"

I chuckled. she really couldn't contain her passion and excitement in her petite little self. but who was I to judge? besides, I was pretty happy to make a little step forward and not make the effort feel one-sided.

aside from the kiss...... anyways back to the point

"No....it looks perfect." 

"really?"

"hmm, perfect indeed."

"if you say so...... are you busy right now?"

my eyes fell on the files in front of me and diverted to the door my secretary entered but halfway through retreated seeing me on call. 

"hmm... I don't know. you want me to be."

"no..just asking.....huh.....oh yeah I'm coming.....sorry gotta go bye."

"bye."

she hung up, to which I assume Mrs yoon called her and the picture again came into my view. my eyes stared at it for a little too long seeing her in her natural habitat. well, she belonged there. it suited her perfectly. I chuckled.

cute.

and then another message with another picture of a blue-painted canvas.

my first project in my new home.

I think my smile just got wider. good luck I typed back and went back to work hoping to finish it soon as my secretary came in again.

--------

author pov

she was busy again in her heaven, not decorating it this time, but working on her first piece in her new home. she visited the gallery a few days ago as sam called her telling he wanted her to exhibit another one of her paintings, only if she wanted that is, because she's definitely not after fame, and whenever she felt like it she would submit her piece, if not she'd just keep it to herself.

art is art no matter how perfect or imperfect it is. but not everyone has it in them to display their raw selves to the world. their incapable minds might just ruin their beauty.

surrender, for death orders you. the title of her piece.

with a whole day to herself, she had nearly completed the whole thing just a few finishing touches and she'd be done. yup, she was fast. a little too fast actually.