Chapter No 16

author pov

silence

was what engulfed the newlywed couple throughout the whole ride. jungkook was the one driving, why you'd ask. well maybe because he needed something to distract himself as he processes the new addition to his life. y/n sat in the passenger seat staring out the window.

it wasn't awkward as they both didn't feel the need to talk but maybe should've. right? jungkook hit the brakes the car stopped in front of the mansion gate as he got out. only two steps ahead he remembered the one sitting in the passenger seat. clicking his tongue he came back to her side opening the door.

she looked at him somewhat surprised as he pointed with his head to get out. gathering her gown she stepped out but stumbled on her heels. jungkook swiftly caught her by the forearm helping her get her dress out of the car and then carrying it from the back to inside the mansion.

as they entered all the maids and head guards stood in line bowing welcoming their master and madam.

"congratulations Mr jeon and you too Mrs jeon."

the senior made said with a smile on her face which was reciprocated by y/n. though the girl was somewhat baffled she didn't know what she was expecting but this definitely wasn't it. weren't there some traditions for the new bride or something like that? but nope, nothing of the sort.

"let's go "

jungkook said as he advanced towards the stairs with her trotting behind. climbing stairs with the gown she was wearing was a whole hike adventure. the girl stumbled

 once,

 twice, 

thrice, and jungkook came down again from the steps he had taken ahead of her, picked up her gown, and climbed the rest behind her.

while his that action had the maids awing him.

"he's really married huh, Woah!! i cant believe this this is so so-"

"surreal yes, sure is."

the head maid finished her words for her and turned round to all of them ogling at their master suddenly being a gentleman.

"back to work all of you, stop with the stares."

jungkook close the door coming in after y/n who was standing in the middle of the room cluelessly looking around. it was simple and plain with the color concept of white black and gray. jungkook was busy taking off his coat and tie trying to give his body some relaxation.

his phone ringing had both of them turning towards it. he picked up the call while y/n stared at him, curious as to who was on the phone at this time of night. god knows what jungkook heard from the other line his jaw clenched knuckles hard as he cut the call about to storm out the room but was stopped by the grip on his wrist.

turning around his eyebrow raised questioning her actions but a look at her face already gave him the answer. it was the same as that night. and he knew the reason for it.

"w-where a-are you going?"

taking two steps forward he stared into her eyes, his hand raising to pat her head. he didn't know where that came from but he thought it would comfort her a bit.

"don't worry you're safe here. i'll be back."

and with that, he was out the door leaving behind his wife, confused and alone.

y/n pov

I just stood there my hand hovering over the spot he patted a moment ago feeling weird in my heart. I was afraid of what I had seen. though the wedding went nicely without any intrusions there was one thing that kept bothering me and still is.