Chapter No 03

Author pov

Hands-on the steering wheel, eyes on the road while his ears were listening to the clutter of sounds from all around passing in a rush as he sped up a little. the traffic wasn't as heavy. considering the nightlife of Seoul, it's loaded even at night. the roads were almost empty which had him accelerating his speed, enjoying the ride. when all of a sudden his eyes went wide feet hitting the brakes swerving the car to bring it to a stop, tires screeching against the ground as it did.

"shit "

he cursed getting out of the car as it halted to see the thing he hit or rather the one he hit. on getting closer he noticed, it was a girl. she was trying to get up, with much difficulty as she sprained her ankle, or so he guessed with some scratches on her arms and knees.

with very difficulty she got up and limped towards him, giving no regard to who he was. she wasn't in a situation to do so. hiding behind his back she gripped his forearm giving herself support as a weak whisper left her lips.

"save me, please"

looking over his shoulder he was trying to see her face which was covered in her tears. his eyes diverted to her hands on his forearm as she squeezed it a little, shrinking behind his buff frame.

scared 

hearing some running footsteps nearing them he looked up to see a few goons running towards them but halted as they saw him and if he focused a little he even saw them retreating with the same hurried steps.

"shit, it's the jeon "

"uhh--- haha sorry jeon --- ah w-we didn't know she was related to you we're sorry" 

and with that without giving him a reaction time, they ran away not wanting to die at his hands. even the street goons knew who the hell he was and would always pray to never cross paths with him because they had no one to back them up against him. he'd kill them and no one would even know nor would dare to. seeing them running away like that he didn't do anything to stop or catch them.

if that solves it then what's the point of going any further. 

he sighed as he spoke to the scared figure behind him. 

"you can let me go they're gone now."

he felt his forearm being released from her grip as she backed away from him only realizing now that he was a stranger as well. could be one of the ones who were chasing her. but if that were the case he wouldn't have helped her. right?

"I--I'm s-sorry "

he turned around and saw her limping towards a bench outside a convenience store nearby. he just stood there watching her. he could've done something, taken her to the hospital, treat her wounds, drop her home, anything, but here's the thing: once anyone gets involved with him they are doomed, it doesn't matter if he's related to them. death is bound to follow then. he didn't want to get involved with another innocent life.

didn't want the blame for another innocent being murdered.

he saw someone getting out of the store and tending to her, probably the cashier, it was an old lady as she came out with a first aid kit to help the girl. her cheeks were stained with tears and he could see her expression morphing into a pained one as the lady treated her injuries. his focus diverted when he heard his phone ringing. eyes still on her he picked it up and without even letting him speak the other line spoke.

"are you going to keep me starving? hurry the fuck up I'm hungry."

his eyes were still on the scene in front of him, the old lady treating her scratches and bandaging the deeper ones after cleaning the blood off them. somehow he was confused. there was this little urge to help her even though he knew he couldn't but then why was he like this. in that thought he forgot that he was one call.

"jungkook where are---"

"I'll be there in a few "

he said hanging up and giving a last look to the girl before getting in the car and driving off. he ignored every thought running through his head about that girl. 

just a random girl anyway.

 he sped up. had a destination to be at with a guy who was probably cursing him out by now.

the girl looked up seeing the car drive off as she kept staring at it catching a glimpse of the man inside. his side profile.

"didn't even get to thank him. "

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

sorry for any grammatical mistakes

hope you like it 

vote and comment 

feedback helps😊😊