Chapter No 52

author pov

the professional black and white corporate office was silent with only the sound of keyboard keys by the person sitting very comfortably on his chair hyper-focused on whatever he was doing on his computer. a cup of steaming hot coffee was on that table with a few files sprawled as well and the man was actually precise enough in his movements that when he took a sip from the cup, not a drop spilled. 

such was his preciseness in not letting the blood spill too...

he loved the silence when he was working otherwise he and silence were a match made in hell, the reason why taehyung standing at the door of the office was staring at him with a weird type of....adoration. 

"oh, how I wish you'd be like this at home. my health would improve soo much."

"Samantha, can you take this idiot out of here?"

he called out to his secretary who he assumed to be with taehyung but he was partly aware that, that guy wasn't going to leave anyway. it was his office as well. teaching sauntered in and leisurely sat on the couch dropping his head behind as if it felt too heavy to carry on his shoulders. he realized a sigh was a hint to the other to pay attention to him but speak further.

"If you're tired go home I'm not here to cuddle you."

"shut up... I am tired and sleep doesn't feel like a  solution."

"guess you should ask jungkook then he's going through the same thing as you. he might know what to do"

"as if. and why are you so nonchalant? don't you give a shit about all this.."

he sat and jimin stopped typing for a moment to look up at him. The three of them were raised together but there was a certain difference between their personas. where taehyung and jungkook were strategic and hot-headed jimin was precise and calm. even if something bothered him it never showed up on his face.

until it was something he wanted from taehyung and it was a whole different game. 

"I do give a lot of shits but---

his ringing phone had both of them stopping. jimin glanced at the phone once and then at taehyung, who in return had the question "who is it" plastered on his face. jimin turned the screen to him. 

"lovely sister-in-law...heart emoji.......disgusting.." 

taehyung muttered as jimin with a fuck-off-face picked up the call putting it on speaker. 

"hello y/n how--"

"you guys have Jay in your custody, right??"

"hold your horses, darling. no greetings, no "hi's", no "hello's", no wondering if I'm alive."

a sigh came from the other side with a mumble of sorry and took a moment to continue again. though jimin was teasing her but just that one sentence had both of them on their edges.

"it's alright. but what was that about jay? i'm pretty sure our guards are tight."

"do you have all his accomplices as well.."

"he didn't have much aside from Seri... and leaving we have pretty much everyone. why are you asking all this y/n is everything all right?"

taehyung asked. she was targeted and she needed to be kept safe ut if she was going around snooping then that wasnt good for anyone. because either she'd find the truth, or either she'd be targeted again and this time with a much more planned doom than before.