Chapter No 22

y/n pov

I was in the kitchen making myself a drink. it was half past four, and half the day had already passed. it wasn't anything unusual. after jungkook was gone this was how I normally was. I did get out of my room but went only to the kitchen or the living room, that's it.

I didn't want him lashing out at me just because I entered a restricted area somewhere. I became a little familiar with Mrs. Yoon she was just like Mrs park back home. it felt nice to have someone like her around. taking the glass I went out and started exploring this huge ass mansion. for real this time.

the ground floor I had known a little. there was the dining room, living room, and kitchen with the laundry on its back side. the upper floor however was a little confusing. so I decide to enter that maze. the first door I opened and was greeted with the beautiful vintage theme of the room. felt like I entered the Joseon dynasty.

it was so beautiful with pastel colors all around and some flowers decorating the balcony. simple yet elegant. I wondered who this belonged to. I didn't go in further, not wanting to invade the privacy of whoever occupied it.

I turned to the door opposite it and just like before I felt like I entered a different realm. just this time it looked like that one scene from cinderella when the sisters were just throwing their clothes away along with other stuff. wow, two different personalities I guess.

if I was to guess, the vintage one belonged to taehyung and this one right here to jimin. I don't know why I concluded that. I don't even know them that well yet.

anyways, moving on.

sipping on my drink I explored the rest of the rooms. the last one at the end of the right side corridor was ours. mine and jungkooks.

gosh, why did that sound so weird?

anyways done with that now, my eyes were set on the left side of the corridor. more specifically on those double doors with huge golden handles. it looked majestic and mysterious. well, for starters anything majestic can never, not be mysterious. they come in pairs. I wonder why.

standing in front of those majestic doors I looked around on both sides. same styled doors on both sides just they were a little less.....grand. as my hand went to open the door barely holding the handle a voice made me jump from behind.

"madame"

"oh my gosh", 

I jumped, spilling my drink over the carpet but was able to hold it and save some of it still in the glass. Mrs. Yoon chuckled.

"My apologies for scaring you. are you alright?

she softly asked.

"y-ye.s I'm fine but the jumpscare was unnecessary I could've had a heart attack you know". I joked back

"I'm really sorry but I was here to ask about the menu for dinner."

 she bowed a little as she spoke. honestly, I felt weird. no, scratch that, I felt bad. she was an elderly woman she wasn't supposed to be bowing to me but another thing that baffled me was what she said.

"me? deciding the dinner menu??" 

I must've looked stupid to her as to why she stared at me for a minute straight before she spoke again as if it was something so obvious.

"of course, you should madame. now you're officially a member of this family. so why not."

"then... all this time was i a secret member"