Chapter No 10

author pov

It's been a few days since the coffee encounter. both parties went on about their lives. y/n was busy with the preparation of her art piece for the exhibition but was rarely getting time for it. Se-Ri had been the reason for this. she had arranged a few dates with Bum-Jae for her and it was a total hassle if you'd ask y/n.

Bum-Jae wasn't the type of person y/n would hang around with. he was just arrogant, narrow-minded, and rude. but the poor girl had no choice but to just go on with it and maybe dodge any question that brings disagreement between them. because here's another thing; Bum-Jae would do anything to prove his point. literally.

jungkook had also been busy. with the project, his company was handling he was very occupied with meeting dealers and deal signings. while on the other hand, his underworld affairs were on the loose as well. after Lee's death, quite a lot of things were messed up. he had taken over all the property lee had. info on Lee's gambling had him digging more and he found out Lee was doing more than he showed. he had his spies in jeon's men.

jungkook had taehyung take care of that while he went to confirm something Lee's right-hand man told him.

Lee had a son. Jung suk.

but when jungkook ran a background check he found nothing. but he believed the news was authentic. why? because it came directly from his mother. Lee's wife. she lived alone in a small town in Busan. according to her, it had been years since she had last seen her son so she didn't know where he was. his search for him had been ongoing but there was something else that had been ongoing as well, in the back of jungkook's mind for days now.

her

he didn't know why but he couldn't stop his mind from going back to those two encounters with her. boy was so confused when he woke up in the middle of the night with her voice ringing in his ears.

"save me"  

now that was going overboard. women were the least of his concerns and he wasn't the type to be flinging around with them. but what was he supposed to do with that one woman in his mind? ignoring it to his level best seemed the only option.

but right now his thoughts could wait. right now they didn't matter as much. because he was here to meet someone, someone he respected and looked up to, someone he sought guidance from, someone who had watered his roots when he hadn't even sprouted from the ground. someone, who he wouldn't dare admit that he missed in the past few months because his visits becoming less frequent.

Kim Woo-Bin

he had raised the boys from a very young age both taehyung and jungkook. though they were the heartless mob bosses now Woo-Bin had raised them with utmost care and love other than when they were in the training room. in there, all the love was thrown out the window. he had to be strict in there but outside that room, he tried to give them everything they wanted.

 all that they deserved, all that they were deprived of. 

they were sitting in the lounge having tea while catching up on things left because jungkook was too busy to spare the old man time, which he did grumble about.

"I don't know if it's because of me going blind or you've actually started to look like those grumpy oldies."

jungkook chuckled sipping on his cup of tea.

"shouldn't that be the depiction of you?"

"hey!! look at you talking back huh! you've grown up haven't you?"

"oh I beg to differ, sir, I'm still the same."

for you 

but he wouldn't say that. he had no way around his emotions but words were something he was a master at manipulating but in front of this man, even he was a noob. though at his age that skill probably needed polishing. the old man chuckled putting his teacup down. his eyes took in the sight of jungkook. his gaze, fond.