page 47, new york

after a long rest, morning has arrived, like a human clock, sunoo woke up adjusting his eyes to the shade of purple lighting. after a few minutes his breakfast was served, it was a plate of scrambled eggs and some buns on the side with butter served, a choice of apple or orange juice was asked and he just asked for mineral water, he still has not recovered from the amount of sugar that 7 scoops impacted.

as he cleared his plate of breakfast he decided to turn on the small monitor infront of him, he scrolled through shows and found a documentary about ice skating, well he does have 4 hours left before his flight lands. he decided to watch it to know about ice skating.

-

through out the documentary it featured a retired ice skater being asked questions, the scene then changed to the son who is also a ice skater now, through out the scenes, sunoo learned that he had always been in the top 3, but never the 1st place as a legendary ice skater was more skilled and had a better mindset, the ice skater took that opportunity to look at him as a role model.

as suspense slowly faded away, the documentary finally showcased the 1st placer who had been always scoring perfect scores for years in a row. sunoo widened his eyes, he didn't expect sunghoon to be the one. through out this period of time he never thought that he had been talking to the worldwide ice skater winner.

sunoo decided to take a picture to start a conversation with sunghoon once he lands in new york as he knows the cab trip to his hotel would be boring and he would be busy nervous thinking about his father in the hospital. he listened to sunghoon words and decided to use this opportunity to lift up his mood.

-

finally landing in new york, sunoo sent the message immediately, unexpectedly sunghoon replied immediately teasing him. looking around, he found out that new york must be a few hours away from south korea, turns out its 14 hours ahead of new york, it's just turned midnight and sunoo wasn't used to seeing how big of a difference the time difference is.

he never really stepped out of south korea ever since being distant from his family and living in his dorm, exhaling, sunoo adjusted his bag strap and checked if his belongings is there before he starts going to the money exchange centre.

as sunoo approached the counter, he really feels the difference, even the air smells different. as he exchanged a few hundred dollars that his mother transferred incase, he went on to grab a cab to his hotel to meet her.

it took awhile to find a cab, once he hopped on sunoo was busy pouting as he blasted his favourite songs while waiting for another reply from sunghoon. he already missed being in the same van as sunghoon, he also wished that his father would stop going on for so much business trips to overwork himself.

as the car stopped due to the red light, sunoo took a while to admire at the view, the city lights were still on and big advertisement boards were attached to buildings. he even sees the kpop group he just saw on his app just now, taking a picture he decided to caption the post, 'here in new york, not for a good reason :('

-

"sunoo..?" a woman voice spoke behind sunoos back. turning to meet the eyes of his mother, he slightly gasped, she was wearing a brown crochet long jacket but since when did his mother turned so fragile, a few wrinkles were on her forehead. gulping to cover his gasp, "hi mother.. it's been a while.." sunoo removed his earpiece that has been blocking the sounds from him.

surprisingly his mother went in for a hug feeling relieved that sunoo didn't ignore her she went on apologized at how she didn't hangout with him when younger. although time were wasted, maybe sunghoon was right, people do change personality after a long time. his mother wrapped his hands around his torso she then let go and walked towards the receptionist to claim the key room for sunoo.