1

Six weeks left of school until we graduate and only one week until I turn 18 and can finally meet my wolf and my mate. 
  I used to think my mate was Damon, the son of the Alpha, but that was blown out of the water when I turned 13 and all the girls around my age had boobs and I didn't.  Damon took an interest in them and forgot about about me completely.  He even went as far as making our with Shirley Tims right in front of me at a party we went to.  He looked right at me when he was doing it too.  My hear was shattered that night and I ran home as fast as my legs would carry me.  I cried all night and wouldn't come out of my room all weekend.
  You see, when a werewolf turns 18, a whole lot of excitement happens that day.  You meet your wolf, you meet your mate and you turn into wolf and run with the pack under the moon that night after a celebration.  It is important to meet your mate as it helps with the first shift since it can be painful but the bond of you and your mate helps to ease the pain.  Then your wolves get to meet as well.  After the run, you can be alone with your mate and then it is up to you both what happens after that, move in together that night just spend the night together, mate and claim each other or sometimes have really amazing sex and claim each other later.  Either way, meeting your mate is finding your second half, filling the void you never knew existed, finding your soulmate as the humans call it, completing yourself, it's indescribable.  
  After that night, I decided that I didn't want a mate, that he would cause me nothing but pain and heartache.  My aunt and uncle tried to convince me otherwise and even shared stories of how they met and how my parents met, but I was not deterred in my belief. 
  Oh, I guess I should also include that I am adopted by my aunt and uncle who love me like their own.  My parents and my entire pack were slaughtered by rogues back when I was only a pup of 5 years of age.  I am the sole survivor due to me visiting my aunt and uncle and cousins at Black Moon pack.  It was summer time and Black Moon was beside a beautiful lake, called Black Nugget lake.  We had spent the day in the lake and playing around and had a bonfire on the beach that night, roasting hotdogs and marshmallows.  Everyone was heading home when someone came running yelling for the Alpha.  He was one of the warriors from our pack and he was covered in blood and full of injuries.  He was taken to the infirmary where he relayed the destruction of my pack and told of how my parents were executed by beheading by the Alpha Rogue.  Everyone was gone and the pack and pack house was burned to the ground.  The warrior said that the rogues were looking for me but when they found a little girl, who had long blonde hair like mine and was my age, they assumed it was me and burned the body. 
  I had snuck in the hallway of the hospital and was listening just outside the room the warrior was in, I heard everything.  I had tears running down my face but when he described the little girl they found, I knew it was my best friend, Stacey.  We were like sisters and did almost everything together.  She was supposed to come here with me but her parents said not this time.  I sniffled and then the door of the room opened and my uncle came out.  He immediately scooped me up and held me so close and I sobbed into his shoulder.  A moment later, the warrior looked at me and said "I am sorry little Princess.  I tired to protect them.  I am sorry."  Then he was gone.  He was too badly injured that his wolf could not heal him.  I was the only living member of the Lunar Pack, that is no longer a pack.
  That's when my aunt and uncle said I was living with them and the Alpha accepted me as a member of the pack and announced the tragic events to the rest of the pack the following day and that I was now a member of the pack.  Everyone was kind and loving to me and since I had been here many times, I felt at home already, minus my heart breaking for my parents and my best friend.  Damon became my best friend after that.  We would always hang out and even walk to school together.  I was a part of his group of friends and they accepted me with open arms.  Until that party when he broke my heart.