39

I am not Paranoid

By the time everyone got back home the sun was already high... The casual chill night ended with restlessness and awkwardnes that no one was in mood to talk .. they all slowly drifted back to their own rooms, Jin took his leave first.. and Taehyung went to feed his pets, Yoongi muttered something about needing another drink so he can passout and went to his room..while Jimin was still disturbed from everything that he came to know.. Seeing him shakily make his way towards their shared bedroom..Hobi nodded towards Jungkook and Namjoon and took his leave as well.
Their makeshift snuggle bed abandoned in the living room with just Jungkook and Namjoon standing there ..

"You wanna be alone too hyung? I can take you to your room?" Jungkook suggested softly.. his voice almost breaking.. he couldn't bring himself to make eye contact.

"I would like if you could keep me company" Namjoon smiled as he comforted Jungkook, he gently nudged his chin upward and gave a reassuring look to Jungkook.. making him believe that he isn't lying..

"They will come around.. it's alot to digest.. they aren't angry with you Jungkook. They just need some time to process.. you get that right?" Namjoon asked while he looked at Jungkook.. making sure he knows what he is saying is registered in his brain.

Jungkook who was feeling down after everything.. finally gave a genuine smile..

The man who can kill three people in a heartbeat was like a child who feared being not loved by his siblings..or friends.. at the end of the day.. he wasn't that fearless as make himself to believe and Namjoon understands that ..

"Let's go.." Jungkook smiled and led the way to Namjoon's bedroom.

...

It took a week before Namjoon's twisted leg was good enough that he can go to college again.. in the meantime.. Jackson visited him two times.. first time Jungkook wasn't there and only got to know it that he visited when he returned in evening.. the second time when Jackson visited.. Jungkook was there.. or you can say.. Jungkook didn't left house until Namjoon was better.. you can say he was taking care of his hyung or according to Jin.. guarding him like a dog.. or according to Taehyung.. he was sensitive about his territory and his pack like wolf.
Namjoon didn't take their teasing to heart.. Jungkook was on his best behaviour when Jackson was around.. he didn't do anything wrong and even stayed in his own room whole time.. giving Namjoon and Jackson privacy .. so that they can talk comfortably.. he only came back up when Jackson was about to leave.. and even walked him to his car..
For some reason.. Jackson didn't visit again.. when Namjoon asked him why he didn't when he met him in college.. he simply said he was busy.. and then went on and on about how much he missed him...

Time passed slowly but surely...

The boys eventually accepted and came around the reality which was Dr. John and how much in threat their lives are... and it was okay to take security everywhere. There was also a big change .. everyone frequently started visiting Jungkook's basement.. either to just hangout.. or more importantly to practice their shooting skills.. they all decided to learn some simple self defence from Yoongi and shooting practice..so that they can prepare themselves for any unfortunate situation...
Except that their normal lives continued on as the end of the year approached.

Namjoon decided that he is going to fulfill his promise and started working as a part time in Jimin's shop..

Jimin decided he is not going to work in movies for now.. atleast not until Dr. John was dealt with and instead focus on his new shop...

Yoongi was his old self.. the only difference is.. he started staying away from Namjoon.. it's not like he wasn't 'talking' to him.. it was just that he wasn't talking to him. He will drink and work on songs.. like he used to.. there were times when Namjoon wanted to clear things up between them.. but he will just pretend there is nothing to talk about and it was just perfectly normal for Namjoon and Jungkook to be close when Namjoon told him that he kissed Jungkook.