I growl and scoot over a bit, still not looking at him. I hear Shadow let out a little growl as well before my world falls on its side. I let out a little "oof" and finally look at Shadow who is now standing over me.

I look at him annoyed, "What do you want."

"Mmmmm. Just to be near you." He says before beginning to nuzzel my neck again. He hits a certain spot and a burst of laughter escapes me suddenly. I stop and my ears go bad as I look at him. Shit.

"Wait...WAIT-" I scream before he's on me, cutting me off.

His nose blazes through my fur, moving to different places. Laughter explodes from me and everytime he hits a certain spot I start to wheeze, breathing becomes a challenge and I start to paw at him. He gets the hint and stops, leaving me to collapse on my side, gasping for air. As I'm practically recovering from almost dying he moves to lay beside me, circling my body with his slightly....SLIGHTLY...larger one.

He finally settles down and I catch my breath, he lays his head on my neck and spoons me, getting even closer. I don't mind though, and soon, my eyes start to lower. I guess it would be nice to take a quick nap with him.

~~~

My eyes slowly open and I feel a warm breath on my shoulder. I blink and look to see Shadow's head, his body still spooning me still and his breathing even. I smile, and adjust a little before falling back to sleep.

~~~

I feel something shift behind me as I gain consciousness again. I sit up and stretch while yawning, shaking my head to clear my sleepy thoughts. Looking up I see the sun setting into the tree tops in the west. Hearing another yawn behind me and I look over to see Shadow waking up as well. I lean over and give him a quick lick on his face.

He startles to attention immediately and I let out a soft laugh. "Good evening." I say.

He stands and gives himself a good shake before returning the affectionate lick. My tail thumps the ground lightly and the feeling of contentment stirs in me.

Shadow yawns before saying, "We should probably head back. My pack isn't too far away."

The mood immediately vanishes. "Which pack is that?" I say as worry courses through me.

He scoffs at me and I feel a twinge of annoyance. "It's the only one for at least 100 miles around, and it's actually not far from your house.-" He suddenly pauses and looks at me.

"Wait." Realization dawns in his eyes and I jump to my feet. Growling, I slowly back up as Shadow's eyes start to darken with anger. "You're the rouge alpha, aren't you." He snarls. "The one who attacked my pack not only once, but TWICE."

I snarl at him and back up but he follows me, and when my foot hits a tree trunk I feel anger and flood through me. I don't like being cornered, and now I know for a fact that Shadow is stronger than me.

I stop, as the knowledge fully dawns on me. I mean I could still put up a fight, but eventually I would lose. I look at Shadow and see nothing but rage in his eyes.

My chest starts to tighten and my breathing becomes irregular. For the first time in what seems like forever, I recognize fear and panic as if they were new emotions. I got so used to living without them that now that I am feeling them, they are 10 times worse. My breathing get more laboured and I stumble a bit, but quickly regain my posture. My vision starts to blur at the sides and it was like my hearing disappeared, only be replaced by a loud high pitched noise.

I saw Shadow attempt to take a step toward me but I snarled at him and lashed out, narrowly missing his eyes. I heard a muffled sound, like he was trying to talk to me, but I couldn't understand it.

I shook my head but it didn't get better, and it felt like my heart was racing a thousand miles an hour. I heard Shadow make a noise, and I looked to see him, but all I could see was a black blur coming closer to me. I backed up until my back was flat against the tree, and instead of lashing out I whined pitifully.

I would have been ashamed of myself if I wasn't consumed by my new sense of fear.

The black blur was almost upon me and I finally gained control over my body again, enough so to get out of the way and bolt into the trees.

~~~

I ran blindly as I let my instincts take over.

For most wolves, all they have is their wolf form, and they aren't able to tap into their instincts. At least not like I can, to where I don't know what I'm actually doing but just moving. When I'm fully wolf, with nothing human about me, not even in my mind, the only thoughts going through my mind about survival.

Like right now. The only line of thought I have is to get home, that's it. Like a mantra just playing on repeat. Over and over until it's fulfilled.

Get home Get home Get home Get home Gethomegethomegethomegethomegethomegethomegethomegethome.

Get. Home.

_________________________________________________

Hey yall.

Sorry about not updating.

Anyway.

I can't do something so heartwarming without throwing in twinge of angst while I'm at it.😁

I might update again today, so be tuned if you can.

As always just let me know if there are any grammatical errors.

So ttyl~

Word Count: 1697