Chapter 14: I finally feel Parents' love

As the Easter Holiday was coming, Link didn't need to do any training, and Mipha didn't have to revise. She could revise if she wanted, but she just wanted to relax. However, both of them didn't know how to spend their time. Both of them thought of a good idea, and on a Friday night, Link called Mipha,

" Hi, Mipha, I want to ask you something. Is it convenient for you to have a little chat right now? Or are you going to sleep?"

" Not at all, I am reading and ready to sleep in about 10 minutes, but if you have something to ask, go ahead!" Mipha said.

" I don't know how to spend my holiday. I don't want to waste it, but I didn't know what to do." Link said.

" Yes, that's exactly what I was thinking. It is a big problem for me as I didn't want to revise. I've already done almost all of the revisions, and I had nothing to do. Also, there is no homework for this holiday as the teacher also wants us to relax. It is so funny, isn't it? We should be relaxing because of no homework, but we are hard to think what to do!" Mipha said, and she heard Link laugh.

" Yes, it is! So, I want to hang out with you tomorrow. Is that alright?" Link asked her.

" Yes, I would love to. But did you plan where to go?" Mipha asked, " Because I have no idea about that."

" Do you want to go shopping, have a cup of bubble tea, and chill?" Link asked, " I think all the girls love this. Am I right?"

" I like it, but not all the girls do, a perfect example being Zelda. She hates shopping." Mipha said, " But anyway, where will we meet?"

" Tomorrow at 10 a.m., in the Time Cafe, is that alright?" Link asked.

" Yes, sure! But are you sure you can arrive on time?" Mipha asked. Last time, Mipha told Link to meet her at 11 o'clock for a cup of morning cafe, but Link slept until 3 pm. Mipha called him at least 100 times, but Link had shut off his phone!

" I promise you that won't happen this time!" Link said.

" Well, that means you will do it next time, right?" Mipha teased.

" No, no! I am not doing it ever again!" Link thought Mipha was angry, " Please don't be mad."

" I am just teasing you, Link!" Mipha laughed, " You are so cute. Anyway, I have to sleep now, so see you tomorrow! Don't forget! It is 10 am!"

" Okay, I won't. Love you!" Link said.

" Love you!" Mipha said, and she ended the phone call. She could not wait for tomorrow, and she could already imagine how good it would be!

The next day, at 10 am, Link and Mipha arrived at the Time Cafe on time. They were so happy but didn't know that a child would ruin their date!

Mipha and Link enjoyed the shopping for the first two hours. They did what they wanted. They got new clothes, a cup of bubble tea, and some typical things you usually use. It was exactly noon, and they were a bit tired. They had a rest on a bench and were having ice cream. Suddenly, a little girl walked ahead of them and said, " Mum, dad, why don't you take me with you? Are you going to throw me down and go away?"

Mipha and Link were so confused. Mipha said, " Are you serious? We are just students at university and haven't even gotten married!"

" You don't love me anymore, do you?" Then the girl began to cry and attracted the attention of many people.

" Girl, what's your name?" Link asked gently.

" I am your daughter, Milly! How can you forget that?" Milly said.

" It's my fault, alright? So, where do you want to go, my little princess?" Link asked, and Mipha looked at him and was very shocked. Link gave her a look to play alone. And Mipha understood what he meant. He did not want the girl to be upset.

Mipha understood, and she said, " I am so sorry. So, are you going to forgive your dad and me?"

" Well, if I can do whatever I like to!" Milly said.

" No problem!" Link said, " But let me see how much I've got." He looked at his wallet and saw about 30 dollars. He gave out an embarrassed smile.

" I have my credit card, so don't worry about money." Mipha smiled.

" Hurray! I am going to eat the best ice cream and play some super exciting games!" Milly said, acting so excited.

When they arrived at the theme park, they saw a fantastic castle. Milly said she wanted to go on a roller coaster. Mipha and Link played with her, of course. Milly screamed, but Mipha and Link held her hands.

Mipha said, " Open your eyes, dear, and let's take a picture. It is not that horrible when we are here with you."

Milly slowly opened her eyes. She found she was not scared, and the three of them smiled.

" I am going to print it out, okay?" Mipha said, " It will be one of our best moments."

" Yes, I will never forget this!" Milly said.

They played for a whole day until, at last, it was night. Link said to Milly, " I am so sorry that we need to go back to our school, or we will be punished."

" I know I am not really your daughter, of course. But thank you! You helped me to feel what parents' love is. I've never had that. My father and mother died in a car accident. I live in my uncle's house, but his two children bully me. My uncle didn't know this, but if I told my uncle, my cousin would bully me even more. Thank you so much. You are the best people I've ever met. I hope you will get together and live happily ever after like a fairytale." Milly said and smiled.

Milly was going to leave, but Mipha stopped her, " One second, Milly!"

" Yes?" Asked Milly.

Mipha took a deep breath and asked," Actually, I always wanted a little sister from long ago, and so do my parents. I have only a brother, but we still love him so much. And I want to ask, are you willing to be adopted by my parents?"

Milly was so surprised she kept nodding and saying, " Nothing would be better than this!"

Mipha called her parents, who were willing and happy to do that. They collected Milly and Mipha, and Link went back to their dorm.

" Well, this is such a great day." Mipha said, " I am so happy to get a little sister!"

" That's a good thing. However, next time I promise you, it will be a two people date, alright?" Link said.

" Remember what you said! Tomorrow, can we go to the beach?" Mipha asked.

" Yes, sure. I am going to wait for you at 11 am outside the entrance of the dorm!" Link said.

They both went back to their room and quickly fell asleep. They were so excited about the trip tomorrow!