Chapter 8: Is This Good Or Bad?

"I'm happy we can meet for dinner on a school night," said Mipha as she and Link ate together in a restaurant near campus. "But I hope you're keeping up with your studies, Link. I know football practice takes up a good deal of your time, so you need to budget study time too."

"I am," said Link. "Seeing how well you do with your studies has motivated me to try to do better. But I want to spend any free time I have with you. I love you."

He reached across the table and took Mipha's hand, then gently squeezed it as she smiled.

"I love you, too," said Mipha.

"Did you go home to see your parents on Sunday?" Mipha asked after swallowing a bite of food.

"Yes, and they're both doing well," said Link. "I don't have any classes on Monday mornings, so I like to spend Sunday afternoons and evenings with my parents."

"I'm sure they're proud of you," said Mipha.

"I am hoping when the term is over, if you don't mind, to invite you to my home to meet my parents. I told them a lot about you, and they would love to meet you in person."

Mipha blushed slightly but was happy Link took their relationship seriously enough to speak to his parents about her.

"I would like that," said Mipha. "And perhaps you can meet mine too."

They each took another bite of their food, and then Link spoke up again.

"I hate to bring this up, but there is something you need to know," said Link. "It troubles me, and I'm worried."

"You can tell me anything, Link," said Mipha. "I am always ready to help you."

"I don't know," said Link, shaking his head. "Anyway, my parents live at the end of a street in a modest-sized house. But at the other end of the street, within walking distance are the houses where the wealthy people live. And unfortunately, that includes Zelda and her parents. Zelda's living at home now but somehow found out that I come home on Sundays to see my parents. I found her waiting for me when I arrived."

"Tell me everything that happened, Link," said Mipha.

Link recounted the story as he arrived outside his parents' house.

It was Sunday afternoon, and I got off the bus at the corner and then began walking to my family's house. As I neared the house a girl jumped out at me from behind a tree. It was Zelda. She had obviously been waiting for me there. Maybe one of her friends like Rena saw me waiting for the bus here and texted her.

"Zelda! What are you doing here?" I exclaimed in surprise, jumping back.

"Are you scared?" Zelda laughed at my reaction. "Well, I live near here too, Link, just not in the poor section. Aren't you going to ask how I am?"

"I don't really care, Zelda, not after what you tried to do to Mipha. But out of courtesy, how are you?"

"Fine, but I miss all the fun times at Hyrule U," said Zelda.

"You only have yourself to blame," I said. "And you're lucky you're not in prison."

"Anyway, don't think things are over between us, Link, or between Mipha and me. I know where to find each of you. Say hello to your parents for me. See you again soon!"

"Anyway, then Zelda left, but I took what she said as a threat," said Link. "So, please be on you guard. I'm afraid she might try to hurt you again."