ⅩⅩⅩⅠⅩ. 𝐀𝐬𝐭𝐫𝐨𝐧𝐨𝐦𝐲 𝐓𝐨𝐰𝐞𝐫

Start from the beginning

"Not him- Remus."

Her nose twitched with confusion, "he's your friend Sirius."

"Which is the only thing keeping me from checking the Marauders Map on him. But he's been gone, never in the dorm but I saw him hanging out with James," he hiccuped before continuing, "he's avoiding me Ginny."

"Remus wouldn't do that. If he had a problem with you, he'd tell you. I promise. He's just busy, we have the end of term exams coming up soon. I swear Lily gets more nervous every day and she's just like him."

"You're right... I know you're right," he pulled his head up. His cheeks were red and blotchy, his eyes bloodshot and his nose partially dripping with snot that he wiped away on his sleeve. "It's just that.... this is the first time I've ever had a real family. I don't want to lose it."

"You won't Sirius," she buried her face into his chest, "you won't."

"I-I-I love you Virginia Waters," his voice came out cracked and broken. But somehow he still sounded confident.

"I love you too Sirius, you're a really amazing friend."

"Right... right yeah... okay... so can you tell me what's been bothering you since break?"

She poked her head up and waved her head to dismiss him, "I was just accidentally friends with Johanna and my dying Grandmother made me promise to help her." She shrugged, "do you have any homework?"

He snickered though his eyes displayed his sympathy, "no, remember you made me do all of it the other day?"

She smiled up at him, "I wish you could stay at my house permanently."

His mouth twitched, "really? Enjoy my company that much?" a cocky smirk attempted to make its way onto his face.

"No, because your family is shit."

His eyes widened to double their usual size, "did you just swear Ginny?" She shot off of him and raised a hand to her mouth. "Is that the first time you've ever sworn?" She nodded, still looking scandalized with herself. "And to do that for my family? I cannot express in words how honored I feel."

She giggled and removed her hand, "it's true though."

He stood up, an actual grin taking over his face, "it is true, they're fuckers."

"You know who else is that? My mother..." she said in a quiet voice. He nodded his agreement. "Yeah, yeah, yeah FUCK YOU MOM!" She tipped her head back and screamed it to the sky. "You're such shit, I can't believe I idolized you! Fuck you, fuck you!" She laughed raucously and Sirius did as well. "And fuck you Sirius's mom, you're a bitch!!"

The door to the astronomy banged open and in the doorway stood Professor Kunlo, he narrowed his eyes at them. Virginia looked sheepishly over at him.

"Enough! Return to your dormitories at once."

They brushed past him but were only able to keep a straight face for the next few hallways. Virginia burst out laughing, leaning onto Sirius for support. When they got back to the Common Room Virginia saw Fabian and Gideon. She began to scramble towards them before twisting back to look Sirius directly in his gray eyes. "Don't forget about the deal," she whispered, referencing their deal to come to one another when they were upset or crying.

She didn't notice him staring after her.

That night, she settled into her four poster and pulled the curtains closed around her bed. She was dressed in the nightgown she'd worn to sneak out a few weeks ago. She smiled at nothing just because she thought of the memory. Of the thestrals. Of the terrifying spider. Of Sirius.

She kneeled on top of her comforter and prayed. Asked forgiveness for her swears and such before laying back down flat on her back. She would never have experienced most of what she'd told Ophelia if it hadn't been Sirius, whether that was directly or indirectly. He had helped her become more bold, more able to stand up for herself, more able to be happy. To realize who she really was, even if that journey was only part of the way there.

She shot up in her bed before taking a deep breath. She dragged her hands through her hair, "no.... oh no no no no no," she shook her head like she could get rid of the thought scrambling desperately through her brain, "I'm in love with Sirius Black."

A/N...

I'm going to try to double update today but we'll see. Also tomorrow there will be an update in honor of Valentine's Day. It's going to have some scenes with the different couples we know about so far and maybe one we don't have confirmed at this point. I hope you'll all enjoy that.