𝐒𝐈𝐗𝐓𝐘 𝐒𝐄𝐕𝐄𝐍, the foundations of decay

WARNING: Noncon smut at the end of the chapter

3 DAYS UNTIL THE SHIBUYA INCIDENT

IN MIZUHIME'S OPINION, THE MONTH of October was coming by way too slowly. She wanted the month to be over with already, for the mission determining her promotion to come forth and be done with.

For the past couple of weeks, she had been skirting around Gojo. Her saving grace was that he wasn't her homeroom teacher anymore, being a second year and all, so avoiding him was pretty easy. It was after class time that avoiding him became a little harder. He seemed to pop up everywhere like a Jack-in-the-box toy from a horror movie. Every time she heard his exuberant voice anywhere in the distance, she'd melt into a puddle of water and quietly slink away. One time, she even slipped into a water drain. It was kind of embarrassing.

She'd been so tense ever since Nanami visited her that she could hardly enjoy the month. Nobara and Maki had been planning what costume to wear when Halloween came and she was too disheartened to really provide any help in their discussion on 'whether we should rock the Powerpuff Girls look or the Sanderson Sisters from Hocus Pocus'. She had no clue who they even were and dully told them that she would be whoever the 'blue one' was.

She didn't even react that much when Nobara gossipped on the girls' group chat about Megumi and Yuji's newfound relationship. Of course she found them cute together, but Gojo had been waving at her when the message came through so her only course of action was to turn into water and pretend to be a puddle.

Speaking of Megumi and Yuji...

"If I have to listen to these gay idiots flirting one more time, I'm gonna kill the brat. Again." Sukuna ranted to her one day when she was pulled into his domain. Usually they would've been training by now, but lately he had turned their training sessions into a venting session, and the current hot topic of the day? Yuji and Megumi getting together.

"Oh come on," she rolled her eyes. "I think they're cute. You're just a... what do teenagers say? You're just a hater."

"Oh please don't adopt this generation's piss poor vocabulary," he said with clear disgust written on his face. "And it's not cute. It's nauseating. The brat's already bad enough on a regular day but when he's in love? Spare me. Do you know how many rom-coms he's watched just this past week? Six, and he started watching that stupid K-drama, Boys Over Fungi or whatever."

"I think it's called Boys Over Flowers," she corrected. Nobara had her watch it during a sleepover one time. In her opinion, the show could tune down with the dramatic tropes. Evil mother of the ML who hates the FL, amnesia, arranged marriage... geez, give the main character a break!

"Whatever," he said dismissively. "Not even the married couples back in our day were this annoying. I miss the days where he agonized over his future execution. At least that was entertaining."