𝐓𝐖𝐄𝐍𝐓𝐘 𝐅𝐎𝐔𝐑, family secrets

WARNING: Fucked up Uchiumi Clan stuff and a very brief scene of an uncle inappropriately touching his niece!

IN HER DREAMS, SHE WAS standing at the edge of a red hashi bridge overlooking a glittering blue stream. Her head was leaning against the arm of a tall man who was dressed in fine traditional Japanese robes. She had no idea who this was, but she knew it wasn't the same boy as the one in her previous dream.

"Your seventeenth birthday is coming soon, isn't it, Shisui?" The man whose arm she was hugging said.

Shisui again? Mizuhime thought. This was the second time she dreamt of being 'Shisui', whoever that was.

A cold breeze blew past them and she shivered, hugging the unfamiliar man's arm tighter to try and keep warm. It was then that she finally noticed her surroundings; snowflakes lightly rained over their heads and a layer of snow covered the grassy fields beyond the bridge they stood at. Shisui's birthday must have been during the winter time, similarly to hers.

"Yes," she answered, her lips moving against her will. "Why do you ask?"

Her head lifted up, but much to her frustration, she couldn't see who the man was. It was just like with the other boy; the sunlight up above dashed over his face, blocking him from her view.

He turned to her. "I've decided that I want to hasten our wedding date," he said, sounding eager, almost like a child. "I want us to get married the day you turn seventeen! That would be the best present, don't you think so?"

"Truly?" She breathed out, a wide smile crossing her lips. "That would make me so happy! Oh—but that's just weeks away! Is it really alright?"

"Of course it is," he assured. "I will tell Kei of this change of plans once I return, and I'm certain the servants won't mind hurrying with the wedding preparations."

"But—" She was just about to say his name until he cut her off.

"—There's nothing to fret, my love," he soothed, a large hand cupping the side of her face and tilting her head up. "Besides, you're well beyond the proper marriage age, so don't think the sooner the better?"

Proper marriage age? Mizuhime wondered. What time period is this?

"You're right," she replied, smiling sweetly as a burst of joy enveloped her chest. "I can't wait...!"

"And I..." He leaned forward, his lips hovering over hers. She could feel her heart drum erratically. "Cannot wait until your name changes from Uchiumi to Gojo. Gojo no Shisui has a nice ring to it, doesn't it?*"

...Huh? HUH?

Mizuhime wanted to shout in astonishment, but the man quickly sealed her lips with his.

And then she finally woke up. She quickly sat up, her eyes wide with shock. Did she just... dream about her ancestor? Who got married to a Gojo?! DID THAT MEAN SHE WAS DISTANTLY RELATED TO HER TEACHER?!