𝐍𝐈𝐍𝐄, love is the most twisted curse of them all

USUALLY, YUTA WOULD'VE IMMEDIATELY NOTICED Maki's disdainful attitude towards him, but he was more hyper-focused on Mizuhime

USUALLY, YUTA WOULD'VE IMMEDIATELY NOTICED Maki's disdainful attitude towards him, but he was more hyper-focused on Mizuhime. He recognized her body language; the deep frown, the dull eyes, and the way she seemed to shrink on herself as if she wanted to hide away from prying eyes. It was the stance of defeat, and the only reason he was able to recognize it was because it was something he did.

He thought back to what happened in the classroom. He couldn't blame her for looking so down, their teacher had essentially called her weak in front of the whole class and the sudden shift in Gojo's mood had only worsened it. If Yuta were in her shoes, he would've burst to tears and hid away in his room. He would've felt humiliated and insecure too.

Mizuhime had been barred from joining in on their activity because she 'wasn't ready', but what about himself? He had no experience with fighting curses, or even fighting in general. If anything, he should be the one not participating.

Yuta felt his fists ball up as he directed his gaze to the back of Gojo's head, unable to hide the fire in his eyes. Why would he say something like that? Why was he purposely separating her from the rest of her classmates? Didn't he understand how much of an outsider he made her feel? Unappreciated, undeserving, unwanted?

Mizuhime was so nice, she didn't deserve to be treated like trash by her own teacher.

"In here, kids," Gojo led them to a sleek black car.

Maki climbed into the backseat with Yuta following suit. He expected Mizuhime to come in next, but she sat down in the passenger seat beside Gojo. There wasn't a second of hesitation, her movements were swift without a single pause. Gojo wasn't fazed by it either.

It was almost like they were used to this sitting arrangement... This wasn't the first time they had been in a car together. The thought didn't sit well with him. How often did they go out on drives together?

"Hope you guys buckled up!" Gojo grinned before slamming his foot on the accelerator.

Yuta felt himself flatten against his seat, all anger he felt quickly being replaced with terror as he held on to the grab handle for dear life. Beside him, Maki wasn't doing any better which indicated that this was probably her first time riding in a car being driven by their maniac teacher. The only person who wasn't bothered was Mizuhime. He couldn't see her face, but he could tell from the lack of shrieking that she was more than used to Gojo's driving.

"ARE YOU TRYING TO GET US KILLED?!" Maki screeched.

"Sorry, can't hear you!" He called back, increasing the volume of the radio so an inappropriate American song was blasting over her shouting.

"Somebody come get her, she's dancin' like a stripper~"

"Can we change the song?" Yuta tried to request, but Gojo turned left and he found himself slamming his head against the window.