𝐓𝐇𝐈𝐑𝐓𝐘 𝐎𝐍𝐄, and so it begins

It's been a while since I had a Megumi gif/pic 😩 I'm sorry for neglecting you, baby 🥺

(If you can't see the gif and/or pic, I'm sorry. Wattpad keeps messing with the media in some people's books. The most I can do is go back and replace the pics/gifs that they removed, but they did that to a LOT of my books so it'll be too tiring for me to do so. All I can do is hope Wattpad fixes it soon and brings all the gifs/pics back 😔)

March 2018

"YUTA-KUN, THAT'S AMAZING!" MIZUHIME SQUEALED, ignoring all the odd looks she was getting from the people walking around the sidewalk.

She heard him chuckle on the other side of the phone line. "It's not that big of a deal." He said shyly. She could even imagine him scratching the back of his neck with his cheeks turning pink. He was just adorable like that.

"It totally IS a big deal!" She exclaimed, grin nearly splitting her face. "Yuta-kun, you managed to regain your Special Grade status in just three months! That's literally unbelievable!"

"You really think so?"

"YES! I can't wait to tell everyone else—wait, do they already know?" She asked.

"You're the first person I've told," he replied. "I plan on telling the others later—along with your father, of course."

Ah, that was right. Ever since she brought Yuta home to officially meet her father, the two had gotten along surprisingly well. She had no idea what they talked about after dinner when everyone else had to leave the room, but she was glad it happened.

Yuta had gotten the seal of approval from her father, something that made her beam with joy. Even after Yuta left for Africa, the two would occasionally contact each other. According to her boyfriend, Susanoo just wanted to hear about his progress. He would definitely be happy to hear that Yuta had gotten his Special Grade status back.

"You two have gotten so close," she mused. "I'm relieved. I was worried papa would continue to dislike you."

"Same here," he replied. "But luckily for us, he managed to see that I love you just as much as he does."

"Will you be coming back soon?" She asked hopefully. "I really really miss you. And today's the last day of school too..."

"I'm sorry, I still can't come back," he said regretfully. "Miguel really wants me hard at work over here. Plus, I still need to get the hang of my Cursed Technique..."

Mizuhime nodded in understanding (briefly forgetting that he couldn't even see it). While he was still training to regain his prior status back, he managed to discover more about his true abilities. For one, he now had an external storage of cursed techniques and cursed energy. With it, he would be able to use his Cursed Technique: Mimicry, fully manifest a faux Rika, and use that 'Rika's' cursed energy for himself... but only for five minutes.