𝐓𝐇𝐈𝐑𝐓𝐄𝐄𝐍, sweet child of mine

WARNING: Susanoo

WARNING: Susanoo. That's it, that's the whole warning.

MIZUHIME WAS SEVEN YEARS OLD when she first snuck out of her house. She knew it was against the rules, knew her papa was going to be furious if he were to ever find out, but staying home for so long made her feel stir-crazy.

Listening to her mama's bedtime stories about her experience in the outside world and the story about the girl and her best friend made her curious. What was out there? Would she find her own person to befriend like the girl in her favorite story?

So she waited until everyone was asleep. Once she was certain they all were, she crawled out of bed and slipped on her running shoes instead of her bunny slippers and threw on a warm jacket to protect her from the night breeze. And of course, she didn't forget to bring her favorite stuffed toy too!

As quietly as a mouse, she crept down the hallways and down the stairs.

The foyer was dark and empty as she silently walked down the grand staircase. She looked left and right to make sure there were no servants milling around before approaching the double doors. She winced when it let out a small creak sound as she opened it. She glanced over her shoulder. Still no one in sight. Relieved, she slipped through the gap.

A giddy grin crawled over her face as she took the first few steps outside her home. Her heart thrummed with excitement, this was the first time she had ever left the safety of her house!

Nevertheless, it was still nerve wracking being alone out here. She remembered her papa telling her all about the evil curses that roamed the outside world. Not to mention the bad men too! Her papa told her all about them: kidnappers, murderers, cannibals...! Curses and humans alike couldn't be trusted aside from him and her mama, and she was practically serving herself on a silver platter by being out here in the middle of the night.

But that was okay! Because she had her lucky stuffed toy to protect her!

Smiling brightly, she hugged the toy tighter against her chest as her midnight blue eyes took in her surroundings. All she could see was the large mountains a distance away, a path full of grass and dirt, and a body of water not too far from where she stood.

As much as she wanted to take a dip inside, she had to remember her initial goal: to find the 'city' her mama said they lived close to. Mama told her all about how it had a 'port' with 'boats' and 'ships' on it and Mizuhime, who had never seen any of those things, wanted to see them! She also wanted to visit the shops, which she heard sometimes sold toys and pretty clothes!

Unbeknownst to her, she was being watched. One of the servants had heard her little footsteps walking down the hall and caught sight of her leaving the house. The maid watched with analytical eyes as the little girl walked around, her stuffed toy of that monster hugged tightly against her chest.

She waited until the girl finally turned around and walked back home. Once she was sure the young heiress was safely back in her room, the maid hurried to the master bedroom and knocked on the door.