𝐅𝐎𝐑𝐓𝐘 𝐄𝐈𝐆𝐇𝐓, drowning in memories

Happy Halloween everyone! And to all my Choso stans who read the latest chapter

Happy Halloween everyone! And to all my Choso stans who read the latest chapter... let us pray for our husband's survival 😔🙏

THE NEXT MORNING, MIZUHIME RETURNED to classes. After everything that transpired yesterday, she would've opted to stay home to rest, but school would always demand one's presence regardless of the reason. So after dragging herself to class, she trudged over to her seat and plopped down.

Maki raised a brow at her lackluster entrance. "What's up with you? You look dead on your feet."

"I feel dead," the bluenette muttered.

"Mission?" She asked knowingly.

Mizuhime nodded. "Yeah. Nanami-san had Yu—" She immediately stopped herself. She almost forgot that Yuji was technically considered dead to everyone except for her, Gojo, Ijichi, Nanami, and Megumi. Whoops. "—Me do some investigations, though it kinda went bad."

'Bad' was an understatement. Junpei and his mother were dead. Yuji lost what could've been a great friend for him. She and Nanami nearly died. Mahito was still on the loose. And Sukuna was an asshole, as usual.

Not to mention, her revelation about her family...

"Mustard leaf?" Inumaki frowned at her direction in concern.

She waved a dismissive hand, feeling too tired to even explain herself. "I'm fine... Just tired."

Fortunately, Kusakabe walked into the room before any of her friends could say anything else. As always, their teacher looked done with life and bored at the same time.

Class droned on for the next several hours. Mizuhime barely remembered the material before. This sort of thing rarely ever happened to her. While she knew the lessons could be boring, she always made sure to at least pay attention to what was being said. But now, she had blanked out throughout the whole day until the end of homeroom.

"Summer break starts after this week," Kusakabe reminded them as they all packed up their things. "And then after that is the Kyoto Sister-School Goodwill Event. I hope you guys are ready for it. We won last year thanks to Okkotsu, but he won't be here for this."

Mizuhime inwardly winced at the mention of her fiance's name. Previously, she would've been disappointed and miserable at the reminder that Yuta wouldn't be in Japan for that, but now all she felt was pure relief.

It was so weird, feeling this way about people she used to adore. The thought of Yuta and her father never used to make her feel so... angry, sad, or frustrated...

"I think I hate papa," she told her mother.

Sanyu's violet eyes widened in surprise. Quickly, she glanced at the door to make sure nobody was there before turning back to her daughter.

"Be careful of what you say," she warned.

"But I mean it," Mizuhime frowned, hands trembling. "I don't get it... I don't get it at all. Why does he hurt you? He says he loves you but..."