Prelude - The Hedekai

That very night, by the clutches of midnight, while men fell into deep slumber, and the beasts of the night roamed the land. Dark forces unknown to man lurked upon the earth, plotting a dreadful scheme.

It was a dark and hollow night, guided by the luminous light of the moon stretching across the empty streets, filled with the whistles of the cool wind.

All lamps and torches were outed, leaving the allys and spaces between the buildings as dark as a bottomless pit. Wolves howled on the night of the full moon, their howls echoing through the woods, dancing past the doors and windows of the town.

One hooded figure in a long dark cloak with a katana by its side, made its way along the lonely streets, cutting the wind in half as it blew around it. It walked into a hollowed cemetery of trees, and sat down behind a tree, where its eyes started to glow in the dark forest.

The air around the figure warped into a pitch black spiral, and the figure suddenly found itself standing in a dark blue cave filled with dried bones to the side of the desolate walls, far from mankind and their habitatins. The figure pulled its hood behind its head, revealing its long silver hair hanging down past its ears.

Seven human-like shadows of all different sizes faded in out of thin air, with glowing eyes like unto the silver-headed figure, each shadow stretching like an unfurled puddle, assembled in the center of the cave, circling the cloaked figure. All without a face or any other distinguishable qualities, only the shape of the human physique covered by darkness.

A distorted voice sounded from one of the shadowed figures.

"Sensei, why have you summoned us?"

"Prepare thyselves. It is almost time to unseal the Wayvern."

Another distorted voice sounded, but the cloaked figure seemed to know who from who was speaking, and turned its head to the left.

"Already?"

"Things have been progressing faster than originally planned, and war is on the rise. The Wayvern must be unsealed before the world sinks into chaos again."

Another distorted voice spoke with a creepy tone.

"Master, what of King Jaragus? How do you plan to deal with him?"

The silver-headed figure's eyes glowed even brighter, "We shall keep him around as long as I see fit, but for now, go and do what I have commanded. You all know your assignments. It is time to initiate the purification of this world."

"Yes sensei."

"Nanashi . . ."

"Yes master."

"Since you are closest to King Jaragus, I want you for a different task. Use your position to slow down Ylise's plans for war as much as possible. I want to set something else in preparation before all hell breaks loose."

"Of course. I will do as you say."

"Good . . . Back to your stations."

One by one the seven shadows faded, disappearing out of the air, leaving the figure alone in the dark haunted cave.

Soon enough, the figure found itself sitting back under a tree in the forests of Northwell, and with its eyes glowing, it got up and walked off into the woods, disappearing into the darkness of the night.