B2: Chapter 9 - Brotherly Bonds

Outnumbered, Zack, Jirell and Esperanza stood encircled by the guards who were preparing to skewer them to death with their swords.

Jirell glanced at Zack with his side eye, and Zack looked back at him a nod with of his head. This confused Esperanza as she looked back and forth at them. It was as if the boys read each other's minds.

Jirell pulled a dagger from his sleeve and shoved it toward Zack's chest, and Zack held the dagger's blade with his bands, clutching his chest and rolling his eyes over with his mouth open.

From the guard's angle it looked like Jirell stabbed Zack in the chest, but in truth, Jirell just held the dagger a few centimeters from his chest, while Zack held the blade to hide that it didn't pierce him, as he faked a dramatic death. The cut he got from holding the blade made it seem as if blood was leaking from his chest, when actually his hand was bleeding.

The guard halted their attack and stood baffled amongst themselves.

"Look, they're killing each other for us," said one of the guards mocking them.

Archeus's eyes flickered in a murderous scowl. He saw through this trick, but before he could say anything, Jirell punched one of the guards in his throat and kicked another across his face, while Zack punched one across his face and threw another into the wall. They had taken advantage of the guards distracted by their roose.

Esperanza also grabbed her dagger and chipped into the fight taking out a few. Together the three of them took down all the guards while Archeus stood and watched them, observing their fighting style and skills so he could use it against them.

Jirell and Zack each took up a sword from the downed guards, and stood before Archeus and the Governor who was fidgeting in fear that his guards were defeated, leaving him alone to defend himself. He however realized Archeus was still there, and thought they would be no match for him. That gave him a little courage.

Archeus began to clap, applauding the three as Jirell gritted his teeth in disgust at him.

"It is a pity I must kill such fine warriors, but fate hath birthed you in the wrong Kingdom."

Jirell gripped his sword even tighter, "And faith has left you to the mercy of my blade."

Archeus smirked, "I admire your confidence. Come boys, fight me," said Archeus with murderous eyes, lusting for their blood to stain his blade as formed his Brawlhalla stance.

Governor Humphrey took off running but Archeus stabbed him in his leg causing him to fall over. Archeus walked over to him and rested his boot on his head as he laid in pain.

"And where do you think you are going?" Archeus asked sternly.

The Governor stretched out his hand to the three teens as Archeus kept his foot on his head, playfully rubbing the tip of his sword against his outstretched arm.

"Please, boys help me. I will give you gold, land, women, anything you desire if you help me," pleaded the Governor in great pain.

Esperanza spat on the ground before him in disgust, Zack turned his head away not wanting to feel sorry for him, while Jirell gritted his teeth in anger at his betrayal.

"Help you?" Jirell said clenching his jaws then he turned to Archeus, "Ylisean filth, do as you please with him."

Zack turned to Jirell, "What? Jirell, no."

He then turned to Archeus, "Hey Ylise guy! Don't kill him. He needs to live so he can feel the consequences of what he's done!"

Archeus laughed madly at Zack's words, then spitefully shoved his sword down into the Governor's outstretched hand, causing him to scream in pain as blood spewed from his hand.