Harry, who was walking with Dad, behind Mum and I, kept wondering whether I was okay, and it would have been a lie to say that I wasn't worried either for my own self, particularly when it was relatively busy, people walking around, minding their business and enjoying their Thursday evening. I guess it was a good thing we weren't out during the weekend.

But I think, deep down, we all had a fear that Harry would get recognised, and when it was the peak of summer, it was difficult to cover up and stay under the radar because you didn't want to layer too much either.

That's why Harry was dressed in jeans and a casual tee, sunglasses perched above his nose to try to shield him in some way. Not from the sun, though. Neither Mum nor Dad felt the need for sunglasses as they weren't really ones to wear them. Neither was I, to be fair, until I had to wear them more as a safety measure so of course, I'd had mine too - but just in its' case in my bag as I didn't really want to be wearing them when my main concern wasn't whether we'd get spotted, but whether I'd make it there and back in one piece. That's why we took the car, just in case of 

We would have hoped for it to be brighter and warmer, considering the weather lately, but there were quite a few clouds casting over us, the sun playing hide and seek as a result.

I think they were all trying to get me in a mood to actually enjoy myself, and whilst I definitely wanted to, Harry would often find me stuck in my own little world, nonchalantly fiddling with something. 

We were in a makeup shop, something that of course Dad and Harry dreaded, but Mum and I were filled with excitement when we walked in and the white lights lighting the place up made us feel as though we were in a completely different world.

Initially, I'd went around with Mum and we were both just looking at new stuff that were in from the different brands displayed. We were both showing some of our favourite stuff to each other that we'd recently discovered and loved. It was heart-warming to just be able to enjoy myself with Mum.

"You were telling me your concealer was running out." I'd brought up, as she was looking at a concealer. I knew that that's what she was thinking about when I saw her hand linger over an item.

"I don't think I'm buying anything, though." She shook her head, mindlessly testing something on her wrist.

"Why not? You didn't even like the concealer you had this time. Why don't you try something new?" I'd coined the idea to her, before gently holding her hand once the product was blended, and the item was put away. It wasn't her shade, but at least it was a contender. I'd showed her two of my favourite ones and told her that she needed to try them.

"Well, I'll get something if you do." She looked at me, just as I passed to her what I thought would have been her shade. She felt guilty. Of course she did. She'd pass it off with the simple line of 'it would feel wrong as your mum' - a sentence I'd grown used to a lot, even back in Australia, when I was slowly getting better then, too.

I eyed her expression when she looked away almost instantly, but not in a way to avoid my glare - just merely to focus on what I'd now passed to her. There was something about mothers that always had me in awe and it was just how selfless they were. Your father could occasionally do things out of err or just being unaware or even forgetfulness but your mum - she'd never act without thinking about how it would affect her kids.

Mum was good at it with me. She never once let me feel like I was broken or hurt, not now and not ever before no matter how shattered my heart actually was. In a matter of seconds, I'd thought about how she'd come all the way across the globe, as soon as she'd found out and was always so incredibly understanding. She deserved to feel the same level of happiness and comfort that she brought to me.