{The Gold Part 2}

"Myla you gotta get up for school honey" my dad says after opening my door.

I nod and sit up slowly, as he leaves and closes the door.

I have to get ready and I really don't want to. Summer felt cut short after what happened and I didn't feel like I had enough time to feel any better, but then again, it'll never get better.

I got out of bed and quickly showered, getting changed into my uniform after. I put my hair up into a half up half down hairstyle and did some light makeup, so I didn't look like a dying cat.

Once I was done I grabbed my car keys and walked downstairs. My whole family was in the kitchen and I didn't feel like conversing.

"Good morning sweetie" my mom smiled as she placed scrambled eggs on all of our plates.

"Morning" I gave her a tight lipped smile and looked down at my plate. I wasn't hungry.

I just picked up the 2 pieces of bacon and put on my back pack. "Im not really, hungry, I'm just gonna head to school now" I say softly.

My mom frowns and my brother turns to me, "do you want a ride" Blake asks.

I shake my head, "no it's okay, I want to drive"

Before anything else can be said I turn and walk out of the kitchen and out the front door. I quickly get into my jeep and head to school. I'm not looking forward to this at all.

It doesn't take long before I've reached the rich high school and I pull into a parking spot. Looking up at the school puts a a massive weight on my shoulders as I decide wether or not to skip or go.

But I guess it would distract me if I went in. I sigh and grab my bag as I get out of the jeep. As I walk up to the school, I get stares and whispers left and right.

"I heard she helped John b kill peterkin"

"I heard she didn't even go to the sheriffs funeral"

"She looks terrible"

"She's just a slut for hanging with a Pogue"

I kept my head up and walked inside ignoring the disgusted looks on their faces, and it didn't stop as I walked through the hallways to my locker.

Opening my locker and putting my stuff away, only grabbing what I needed, I quickly went to find my first class which was science. Unfortunately that means I would have to sit next to someone at a lab bench and there was no one that I would want to sit with.

It didn't take long before I found my class and it sucked even more that I didn't have my phone to text JJ to calm my nerves.

Pope had texted my brother telling him to let me know that JJ had been fired yesterday after an argument with Kelce and some other kooks. I felt bad that I wasn't able to console him but I get to see him today after school so I'll make sure to talk to him about it then.

I decided to sit in the back of the class and sat in an empty seat with no one beside me, some unlucky person will have no choice but to sit next to me.

As students piled into the classroom, trying to avoid me, the class got more full. The teacher was sitting at her desk, looking at her computer.

I was looking down at my notebook trying to occupy myself when footsteps approached and a voice sounded out.

"Hey, can I sit here?" They ask.

I look up and see a boy with really dark hair and green eyes, he's really tall and is somewhat muscular. The uniform he has on matches just like everyone else's, cause if it didn't you wouldn't be allowed in class.