{ Dead Calm pt.1 }

I woke up the next morning to the sun blinding my face, I squinted and rubbed my eyes. As I sat up on the couch my stomach was so sore. I gritted my teeth and looked down on the floor beside me to see JJ sleeping. I didn't see anyone on the porch so I assume they were all sleeping.

John b was probably at tanny hill with Sarah but I'm not sure wether pope and Kiara stayed the night last night.

Last nights events quickly came to mind and a smile immediately came onto my face. I can't believe we did it, I'm so happy for us and most of all John b.

I know I'm already rich but it's basically my parents money, not mine. This is such a big accomplishment and I can't wait to finally get the rest of the gold.

JJ stirred quietly next to me and sat up, I smiled as he rubbed his eyes and looked around the room before looking up at me.

He smiled and held out his hand for me to take, "how are you feeling princess?" He asked me.

"I'm a little sore but I'm definitely feeling better, Pope really knew what he was doing" I smiled.

"Okay, first, I'm glad your feeling better, but second, maybe don't say it like that, it sounds like you and pope hooked up" he scrunched his face.

I laughed and slowly stood up from the couch and he stood up next to me. "Did anyone else stay the night?" I asked.

"No, just us, Kiara told me to text you when you wake up, she wants to know if ur okay" he explained as he made his way to the washroom, me following right behind him.

"Can't exactly do that if we don't have service, maybe they'll just stop by later, we have to figure out what to do with the gold anyway" I shrugged and jumped to sit on the counter of the sink with a little bit of help from JJ.

"Yeah true, did you wanna head to your house to get changed, I can smell the dry blood in your sweater" he chuckled.

"Yeah we can head to mine, but my parents are probably gonna be mad that I didn't tell them I left" I said looking down at my hands.

The more I thought about my parents, my mind went to Blake and I shut up in realization.

"Oh my god, I forgot me and Blake had plans last night, he probably hates me for bailing on him" I panicked.

"Oh, well we could just tell him about your stomach and he might understand" JJ shrugged.

"Yeah but I keep telling him we'll hang out but then we don't, I feel really bad, this whole treasure hunt and kooks vs Pogues thing has really made our relationship drift and I don't want that, he's going off to college soon and I haven't been spending a lot of time with him" i sighed, I really did feel bad.

"Well how about we go over there now and you can talk to him while I take a shower, cause I feel dirty and pretty sure your blood is on me too" he said after brushing his teeth.

I nodded and slid off the counter, we both walked outside and got into the van that John b had left at the chateau.

We made our way to my house and I saw Blake's car in the driveway. I got out as quickly as I could and JJ followed behind me.

As soon as I walked in the door my mom was in the kitchen and turned to me and JJ with a hand on her hip.

"So, sneaking out are we?" She raised her eyebrow.

"I'm really sorry mom but do you know where Blake is?" I asked taking off my shoes, JJ did as well.

"He's in his room, unless he snuck out like you" she sighed and turned back to doing dishes. "Oh and we are not done with this conversation Myla waters" she yelled at me as JJ and I made our way up the stairs.

JJ grabbed my hand giving it a little squeeze and placed a kiss on my forehead before walking into my room. I let out a deep breathe and knocked on Blake's door.

"Blake? Can I come in?" I asked.

I didn't get a response so I slowly opened the door and peaked in the see him on his phone with his AirPods in.

I closed the door behind me and Blake glanced up at me for a second before sighing and taking out his AirPods.

"Hey" I said softly.

"Hi" he bluntly responded.

"I'm really sorry Blake, like really sorry, something happened last night and I couldn't come home" I explained.

"What could've possibly happened where you couldn't come home" he emphasized.

I let out a sigh and lifted up the side of my sweater to show my stitched up cut. He face grimaced and then gave me a confused face.

"What happened, how did you get that?" He asked.

"We we're fooling around at the chateau and I fell and cut myself on nail that was sticking out of the deck, John b took it out immediately after and pope fixed me up, I kinda passed out and that's why I didn't come home" I lied to him, and he seemed to believe me.

"Well I guess your safety is a good excuse, maybe next time though, tell your friends to contact me instead of having me sit here all night waiting for you" he told me.

"I will, thank you for understanding" I smiled and he returned the smile.

"Yeah yeah, now get out" he said sarcastically.

I laughed and left his room, I walked into mine and walked over to my closet to grab some clothes to change into after my shower.

I heard the shower turn off and a few minutes later JJ walked out with a towel around his waist and wet hair.

"Wow, you're hot" I smiled as I walked towards him.

He leaned against the door frame of the washroom and smirked. "Same goes for you, but I have noticed that you have too many clothes on" he reached out towards the hem of my sweater and tugged on it.

I smirked and pulled it over my head before throwing it towards my laundry bin. His eyes went wide when he saw my red lace bra covering my boobs.

"Wow, do we have time?" He breathed out.

I bit my lip and shook my head, "I need to shower, and the others are probably gonna be at the chateau soon so keep it in your pants you horny fuck" I laughed.

He groaned and threw his head back, I smiled and walked passed him into the washroom.

"What if we shower together?" He suggested.

"You already had your shower" I raised a brow.

"Another one wouldn't hurt" he shrugged.

"As much as I would love that, I feel gross and need to focus on getting clean, so maybe tonight" I smirked and closed the bathroom door before he could say anything to argue.

After my shower, getting dressed and sneakily getting past my mom. Me and JJ made our way back to the chateau and found all of our friends waiting.

"There they are! You guys are always off somewhere together" pope groaned.

"JJ you said you would text me when she woke up" Kiara complained.

"No service" he shrugged and we walked over to where Kiara had a blow torch and the gold.

"Here's a pot" John b said placing a cooking pot onto and old tree stump.

"Kie this better work, we can't pawn this off if it has a giant wheat symbol on it" JJ said.

"It's gonna work" she smiled at all of us.