{ Dead Calm pt.2 }

"Hell of job melting down dr Frankenstein" JJ sarcastically told Kiara as we all hopped out of the car.

"Like you could've done any better" kie rolled her eyes.

"I could have, I told a welding class" he said back.

"When? When?" Kiara argued and before it could escalate John b got in between them and I looked over at sarah with an annoyed expression.

"Hey, chill out okay?" John b said calmly.

"Easy for you to say that, you're not the one that has to pawn this piece of shit off" JJ scoffed.

"Awe JJ, don't talk about our precious baby like that" I poured sarcastically and pet the shiny gold clump.

He rolled his eyes playfully and let a chuckle before we followed him inside.

"Afternoon ma'am" JJ greeted the lady behind the counter.

"Afternoon" she greeted back.

"I see you buy gold" JJ stated.

Me and Sarah walked over beside a a shelf filled with little Antique tea cups and I smiled at the memory of my mom collecting tea cups from France.

But then the thought of my mom shut everything out from Sarah's nervous breaths and JJ's loud convincing.

I knew my mom was mad and I didn't know how to fix it, I promised her that I would behave and follow the rules but then I snuck out. I can only imagine what kind of punishment I'm gonna get.

The one thing I hate the most is when my parents are either mad or disappointed in me so the anxiety I had built up and I found myself scared to go home.

I felt a tap on my shoulder and was snapped out of my gaze, I looked up at Sarah who placed her hand on my shoulder and pointed behind her to the others.

"Hey, we're leaving now, are you okay?" She asked me.

I nodded with fake smile and followed her and the others outside to the van. We all hopped in and I sat extra close to JJ who looked at me with a worried look.

"What's wrong?" He whispered.

I shrugged, "it's nothing" I shook my head giving him a small smile.

He glanced at my face, trying to read my emotions but didn't say anything. I knew he didn't believe me but I'm glad he didn't push it out of me.

I leaned my head back against the window and watched as JJ flipped the gold around in his hands.

"So they keep money out here?" Kiara asked.

"That's what she said" JJ shrugged and then a smirk tugged at his lips "that's what she said" he chuckled.

"Stop" pope warned him and JJ sat straighter.

I gave him a little nudge and he looked down at me, I sent him a smile and grabbed one of his hands giving it a little squeeze, "I thought it was funny." He smiled and placed a gentle kiss on my forehead.