{ Pilot Pt.2 }

"Myla I need you to go outside and help your brother put the cover on the boat" Dave said as finished putting all the outside furniture in the back shed.

"Okay dad" I said and got up from the kitchen table and walked outside. I walked down to the dock and saw Blake grabbing the cover from the the inside of the boat.

"Grab this end" he said throwing one end of the cover to me.

After about 30 minutes we finally finished the rest of the boat and the wind had started to pick up. We ran back inside and my parents had just finished everything else they needed to do to prepare for the storm.

"I'm gonna make pasta for dinner tonight okay?" My mom Katherine said from the kitchen.

"Okay, I'm gonna go call JJ and make sure him and John b are okay" I said running up to my room.

Katherine smiled and looked at Dave as he flipped through his work papers. "That girl is in love and she doesn't even know it"

"Well, usually I would hate that she likes a kid like JJ, but I love the kid so I'm fine with it" Dave said placing his papers down and walking up to Katherine with a smile.

I closed the door behind me and walked over to my window seat and picked my phone out of my pocket, I scrolled through my contacts and clicked JJ's name. After a few seconds he answered.

"Hey JJ" I said smiling to myself.

"Hey princess, what's up?" He added.

"Are you sure you and John b can't stay here for the hurricane?" I asked worriedly.

"Yes princess, don't worry, we'll be fine, I'll see you the morning okay?" He said.

"Okay, well um be safe please" I said.

"It's cute when you worry about me" he said, I could just tell he was smirking through the phone.

"JJ" I whined.

"Ok ok, I will be safe, don't worry" he said with a chuckle. "You too, I'll see tomorrow"

"See you tomorrow J" I smiled and hung up the phone.

Soon after eating dinner and getting ready for bed, the winds had gotten way worse, the rain was coming down hard and the thunder and lighting was loud as fuck.

I woke up that morning to my dad opening my door, I sat up and rubbed my eyes.

"Good morning sweetie, JJ, John b, pope and Kiara are here in their boat to pick you up" he smiled.

"Okay" I smiled and got out of bed, I quickly got ready for the day and ran downstairs with my tope bag full of stuff.