ғᴏʀᴛʏ ɴɪɴᴇ

"What a shit show

"What a shit show." Hugely frustrated, Max walked toward Madelyn and Bradley, who were waiting for him behind a screen so cameras couldn't film them. He had just finished the Saudi-Arabian Grand Prix, which was probably the worst race of his life. Sweat dripped off his face as he took his water bottle from Bradley. Madelyn bit the inside of her lip. Post-race Max was hot. It wasn't the best thought for the moment, but she couldn't help herself.

"The people of the FIA are just a bunch of clowns," Max rambled on after he took a big gulp of water. "What do they expect from us? That we stay behind each other until we cross the line? We are racers, not grannies."

"Max, relax." Bradley tried to calm down the Dutchman, but it was no use. In the meantime, Madelyn handed him a towel so he could wipe the sweat off his face.

"No! Why do they blame me for him driving into me? I gave him the position back as they asked, and then the idiot does that!"

"Max, words," Madelyn mumbled. Max stared at her angrily for a moment before he realized he had been yelling at them for the past two minutes. His posture relaxed a bit before he took another sip of water.

"Sorry," he mumbled. "It was already a shitty weekend, and now this. I just hoped to grab a small lead before we go to Abu Dhabi, but I guess we're going in on equal points."

"It's understandable that you're frustrated, but you can't show that to the media. Your board radio has given them enough content to make a whole fuss out of it," Madelyn said.

"Yeah, sorry about that," Max said and slung the small towel around his neck. He sighed before he turned to Madelyn. "Let's go to the media pen. The sooner we finish that, the sooner we can go home." His arm found its way around her shoulders as they started walking.

Madelyn flipped him off immediately. "Get that sweaty arm away from me," she warned him and got her equipment ready for the interviews. Max started laughing and walked closer to her on purpose to irritate her. At least he could still make jokes...

✭・.・✫

Madelyn sat at a table outside the Red Bull motorhome waiting for Max. He was still in the middle of the debrief, which took longer than usual because of all the incidents happening during the race. All had to be discussed and analyzed, and they also had to discuss the plan for next week.

Madelyn was on her phone reading some news reports about the race. Many people disagreed with Max's behaviour on track, but they were used to that by now at Reb Bull. Max was often portrayed as the bad guy because he was 'aggressive.' But Madelyn and the team knew better. If they only looked closer, they would see what kind of person Max was. Purely because he was the newcomer, he could only do the wrong things. Lewis was the seven-time world champion. He was a saint.

"Whatcha doing?" An Aussie voice asked in an Isabella way. Madelyn looked up and saw two McLaren drivers walking up to her. They would join her and Max on their flight to Monaco, and they had agreed to meet up here. She put her phone away and smiled at the two guys as they took place at the table.