ᴛᴡᴇɴᴛʏ ᴛᴡᴏ

Daylight shone into the bedroom when Madelyn woke up the following day

Daylight shone into the bedroom when Madelyn woke up the following day. When her eyes finally adjusted to the light, she saw she wasn't in her own hotel room. It only took a couple of seconds before memories of last night came up in her mind, and mixed feelings hit her. On one side, happiness filled her. She finally got to tell Max about her feelings, and he got to do the same. Plus, the night they just shared was undescribable for words. But on the other side, panic hit her. What were they going to do now? No way that anyone could know about this.

Madelyn tried to push the panic out of her system and turned to her other side, where she saw Max still sleeping next to her. He laid on his stomach with his arms wrapped around his pillow, his face in her direction. His hair was completely messed up, but it looked cute on him. His slow breathing showed her that he was still deeply asleep. She kept looking at him for a couple of seconds before deciding to get out of bed.

When she sat up, the hangover and including headache hit her. She had to blink her eyes a couple of times and take some deep breaths before the dizziness disappeared so she could step out of bed. She snuck out of the bedroom, searching in the hallway for the bathroom. Luckily, she found it quickly and locked the door when she got in. She turned on the shower and looked at herself in the mirror while waiting for the water to get warm. The small red bruises on her collarbones and neck immediately caught her attention. She let her fingertips slide over them as her mind went back to last night when Max planted those marks on her skin. A smile was impossible to suppress as she turned towards the shower and stepped under it.

After a long-needed shower, she wrapped a towel around her body and walked back to the bedroom. When she entered, she saw Max still sleeping. She searched the room for some clothes to wear and decided to go for the white shirt Max was wearing last night for now. As she buttoned up the shirt, she heard some movement behind her and a hoarse voice speaking up.

"That shirt looks way better on you than it did on me yesterday." She turned around and looked at the guy in the bed. He was still in the same position, only this time with his eyes open and a smirk on his face. She said nothing to him and walked to the bed. She crawled on it and sat next to him, but his arms wrapping around her pulled her down to lie next to him. She laid on her side and looked at him while his arm remained around her middle. Then, he pulled her against him and softly pressed his lips onto hers. Madelyn couldn't help but smile during the kiss. It lasted for a couple of seconds before they separated.

"We are so screwed if somebody finds out about this," Madelyn whispered. Even though she didn't want to think about it too much, she knew she had to bring it up. Max knew it too but refused to worry too much about it.

"I know," he sighed and moved his hand from her waist to her hair, where he played with the baby hairs on the side of her head. "But that's why nobody is going to find out. At least, not for now, right?"

Madelyn nodded as a reply and decided for herself to leave it there. She didn't want to think about this problem too much with the hangover she was having. She released herself out of Max's grip and stepped off the bed, much to Max's annoyance.