ғᴏʀᴛʏ

Lazy mornings in bed were Madelyn's favorite

Lazy mornings in bed were Madelyn's favorite. Especially now that Max was the person she woke up next to. Mornings with him usually consisted of lots of cuddling and morning chats. Often her head would lie on his chest, his fingers stroking through her hair as they talked about their dreams of that night or plans for the day. This morning the chats were about things they had experienced during the first two weeks of vacation.

Max talked proudly about his nephew Luka, who was less than a year old. Since Max didn't see him often, the little boy was growing up too fast for his liking. Since the last time Max had seen him, Luka had learned to crawl and grab anything within his reach. Including Max's phone, which now had a small scratch on the screen because Luka had thrown it hard to the ground after grabbing it.

Max talking about his nephew left Madelyn wondering if he wanted to have children of his own later. Probably so, as he was very good with kids. But then, did he want these children with her? Did he see them as a family later, even though they had only been together for a short time? These were all questions that Madelyn did worry about.  All questions about the future were a little scary to her since the future could be so unpredictable. She didn't want to think about it, but that's just how the female brain worked.

While telling his story, Max noticed that Madelyn wandered off a bit. He stroked through her hair again before drawing her attention.

"Are you okay?" He asked. Madelyn weakly smiled and nodded. "Yeah, still just a bit tired," she answered and rested her head on his chest again.

"I hope you are rested enough for today because we have a busy day ahead of us." After Max said the words he got out of bed, leaving Madelyn whimpering.

"Can you stop surprising me for once and just tell me what we're going to do?" She asked as she pushed herself up.

"And what's the fun in that?" Max asked grinning before walking out of the room to the en-suite bathroom. Madelyn let herself fall forward sighing before she too got out of bed. She walked over to the chair that stood in the corner of the spacious bedroom. Across the back was Max's white shirt from yesterday. She grabbed the piece of clothing and put it on before walking downstairs.

As she heard Max take a shower, Madelyn walked downstairs toward the kitchen. She started her Spotify playlist on her phone and began making breakfast. As she worked on her French toast she started dancing to the music. Her hips moved from side to side as she softly sang along to Olivia Rodrigo's lyrics. She was so focused on the music that she did not realize that Max had meanwhile finished showering and had walked downstairs dressed and already. He watched grinning and amused from the doorway at Madelyn dancing and singing in the kitchen.

Max couldn't take his eyes off her as he thought about how cute and sexy she looked at the same time in his shirt. He could watch her for hours. Madelyn turned at one point, startled to see Max suddenly standing in the doorway. Her cheeks immediately colored pink as she muttered a soft "hi."