ᴛʜɪʀᴛʏ ᴛʜʀᴇᴇ

The 2021 Hungarian Grand Prix was a race many people would be talking about during the summer break

The 2021 Hungarian Grand Prix was a race many people would be talking about during the summer break. Max Verstappen wouldn't be one of them. It was a race he would like to forget as soon as possible. After the five red lights went out, the twenty cars took off from a wet starting spot. It had started raining an hour before the race start. Although it had stopped raining before the race would actually start, the track was still damp. Max started P3, with Checo next to him in P4. The two Mercedes cars were in front of him, and Gasly and Norris had locked the row behind the Bulls.

Max had a great start and had already overtaken Valtteri, who had a horrible one. Lando also had a good start and was about to take over P3 from Sergio at the first corner before Valtteri decided to go bowling. Aiming for the strike, he hit the back of Lando's car to use it as his bowling ball. Without any control over his car, Lando hit Max's car on the side. Valtteri hit Sergio not much later, and like a domino effect, more and more cars were hit.

The session was turned into a red flag, and all cars came back to the pit lane. That was the first time the team got to see all the damage on Max's car. It looked horrible, but the mechanics managed to sort of fix it. With half a car Max was able to continue his race, but it was the hardest race of his life. After fighting with every bit of energy left in his body, he managed to drive his car from P12 to P9. Max was exhausted when he returned to Parc Ferme. Madelyn was waiting for him along with Bradley, ready to prepare him for his media duties in the media pen. After being done there and having a chat with Daniel, Max and Madelyn returned to the Red Bull motor home.

As Max changed into his team gear, Madelyn sat on the physio bed against the left wall of Max's dressing room. He stood with his back to her, giving her a perfect view of his back muscles. Enjoying what she saw, she looked at her boyfriend getting dressed. It was a view she probably never would get tired of. Max noticed her staring, and a small grin formed around his lips.

"Like what you're seeing?" He asked, and he looked over his shoulder to show her the grin. Madelyn's cheeks immediately turned pink as she gave him a small nod. Max turned around to her, still not wearing his team's polo, and walked over to her. He reached out for her face with both hands and pressed his lips firmly on hers. As she smiled against his lips, Madelyn held onto his arms with both her hands. Their kiss lasted for a couple of seconds, but it felt like a lifetime. After they separated, Max switched his gaze between her eyes. His icy blue eyes glistened as he smiled at her, holding her face still in his hands.

"I love you," he softly said. It caused a warm feeling to emerge in her heart and spread throughout her body. She couldn't believe that he was saying those words to her, that he was her boyfriend. When she began this season earlier this year, enmeshed with the feelings she had for him, she never imagined this would be the result of the first half of the season. And now they were about to part ways for two weeks to enjoy a well-deserved summer vacation, only to spend the last week together.