sɪxᴛᴇᴇɴ

The last three weeks flew by without any special events

The last three weeks flew by without any special events. The Portuguese and Spanish Grand Prix went well for the Red Bull team. Both times Max was able to finish in second place, and Checo was able to finish it off by finishing fourth and fifth. The standings were close together. Every race was another battle between Red Bull and Mercedes, and the fans loved it. Lewis and Max were only separated by a couple of points, and it was actually Lando who closed the top three. During the week off, the team worked hard on new updates they would bring to this race weekend here in Monaco.

As for Max and Madelyn, nothing exciting or new had happened. Both were busy doing their jobs during the two previous race weekends, and during the week off, they didn't have a chance to see each other. That didn't mean they had forgotten about the evening in Madelyn's apartment. In fact, their second almost first kiss hadn't left their minds for one second. But they knew they had to be professional on the working floor, and so they acted toward each other as if nothing had happened.

Ellis and Isla had been messaging their friend every day about updates and how excited they were to go to Monaco this weekend. When Madelyn used their greatest wish as an excuse to Max that night, she didn't expect him actually to sort it out for her and her friends. Max had arranged for Ellis and Isla to stay at the same hotel as the team and to enjoy VIP treatment in the paddock every day of the weekend. Madelyn still had to work this weekend but could spend her free evening hours with her friends in beautiful Monaco.

Before Ellis and Isla knew it, they stood next to Madelyn at Nice airport, waiting for their transfer to the hotel. They had flown in on the team flight from London. It was early Wednesday morning. Within three hours, Madelyn had to drop her things at the hotel and report to the paddock since media day was on a Wednesday during the Monaco Grand Prix weekend. Thursday was free practice day, Friday was a day off, and Saturday and Sunday were the same as any weekend.

The three friends didn't need to wait long for their transfer as a silver van stopped in front of them. The driver helped the girls with their luggage, while some other team members also got in the van. They drove along the beautiful coastline of southern France and Monaco and stopped at one of the many luxury hotels in Monte-Carlo.

"Wow, is this like what you stay in every week?" Ellis asked in total surprise once she jumped out of the vehicle. Her eyes looked at the detailed but beautiful building that stood in front of them while Isla and Madelyn joined her outside the van.

"Yeah, pretty much," Madelyn shrugged like it wasn't a big deal to her and walked to the van's trunk to get their suitcases out of it. She got a little help from her teammates, and with the entire group, they walked inside the hotel lobby. Two guys who worked in the PR department ensured everyone was checked in as the others waited for them. The guys handed out everyone's key before taking the elevator to the right floor.

"So, do more teams stay in this hotel, or is Red Bull the only one?" Isla asked curiously as they walked through the hallways of the hotel.

"I believe this weekend we're here with Ferrari and AlphaTauri," Madelyn answered her. "But it depends on the weekend. Sometimes we share a hotel with McLaren, sometimes with Mercedes, and sometimes we have a hotel all to ourselves."

"So that means we could walk right into Charles Leclerc at any moment?" Isla continued, a little too excited. Madelyn turned around and looked at her friend with confusion.

"How do you know who Charles Leclerc is without knowing anything about the sport?" She asked.

"I did some research," Isla shrugged. "I have to know who the cute drivers are, and Charles is definitely one of them."

"Charles also has a girlfriend," Madelyn beckoned her head and looked back forward to see where they were going. "By the way, Charles has his own apartment here, like pretty much half of the grid. So no, you will not be seeing him in this hotel."

"Are they cute together?" Ellis asked as they stopped in front of the doors of their hotel rooms.

"Who?"

"Charles and his girlfriend," she said with a 'duh' tone in her voice.

"Charlotte is a lovely girl, and she and Charles have a perfect relationship. So don't you dare to try and ruin something because I will destroy you both." Madelyn turned around and gave her friends a warning face but then started laughing when she saw their scared faces and handed the girls their keys. Ellis and Isla would be sharing a room, and Madelyn would have her own, as usual.

"Okay, we got one hour before Max is here to pick us up," Madelyn informed her friends before walking into her room. It wasn't a huge room, but it was perfect for this weekend. There was a door on the right immediately when she walked in that led to the bathroom. A little further into the room, there was a bed on the right side and a desk and small dresser on the left side. She walked across the room and opened the doors that led to the balcony, which gave her a beautiful view of Monaco bay. She enjoyed the view for a couple of minutes before she walked back into her room to unpack a little and get herself ready to leave.

About noon, Madelyn entered the paddock with Max, Ellis, Isla, and Bradley by her side. Max's trainer explained some stuff about Formula 1 to the two rookies while Max and Madelyn walked in front of them, discussing the media plans for the rest of the weekend.

"Your friends seem to be really enjoying themselves," Max chuckled after looking over his shoulder at Ellis and Isla.

"Yeah, it's cool to bring them here and let them see what I do for a living," Madelyn smiled and looked shortly up at Max. "I hope I can do it more often this season?" The last sentence sounded more like a question.

"Of course. Just let me know when they want to come, and I'll arrange everything for them," Max assured her.

"Thanks, Max. I really appreciate it," she said and gave him another smile. Max returned the gesture and slung his arm over her shoulders.

"No problem, Lyn. Everything for my favourite PR," he winked and removed his arm.

"Oh my god!"

A little startled, Max and Madelyn turned around and saw the shocked faces of Ellis and Isla.

"What?" Madelyn asked confused.

"It's the cute driver!" Isla pointed to a person walking further down the paddock. Madelyn turned her head and soon recognised Charles's red t-shirt. Next to him walked Charlotte, and they were making their way towards them.

"Please act normal," Madelyn hissed before turning around to the Monegasque driver.

"Charles, Charlotte, hey!" She waved at them as they walked up to them. Charlotte immediately gave Madelyn a firm hug.

"I'm so happy to see you again," she said enthusiastically. "Welcome to Monaco." Charlotte looked both at Madelyn and the two girls standing behind the Brit.

"These are my friends Ellis and Isla. It's their first time in the paddock," Madelyn winked at the Ferrari driver and his girlfriend, who started to chuckle at the embarrassed faces of the two newest paddock visitors.

"Well, you chose a fantastic Grand Prix to be your first," Charles said and grabbed Charlotte's hand in the meantime. "We've got to go, but we'll see you later."

The couple walked off, leaving the Red Bull group alone in the busy paddock. Soon, the group separated, with Max and Madelyn leaving for the press conference and Bradley giving a tour to the girls around the garage. The entire afternoon was spent in the paddock, and they ended the day with dinner at Max's favourite restaurant, joined by Daniel Ricciardo as well. The girls headed back to their rooms not very late into the evening since Ellis and Isla were very tired from their first day. It was only day one of this race weekend, and it promised to be a race weekend never to forget.

.・。.・゜✭・.・✫・゜・。.

I wonder why this weekend will be so special...