ᴛᴡᴇɴᴛʏ

"Hello, beautiful," he whispered flirty in her ear and turned her around to grab her even tighter by the middle

"Hello, beautiful," he whispered flirty in her ear and turned her around to grab her even tighter by the middle. She could only smile at him but hadn't much time to do so since his lips quickly found their way to hers. His fingers squeezed her hips, demanding her to open her mouth so his tongue could slide in.

Madelyn quickened her step, walking away further and further from the yacht. She already felt how her heartbeat was rising and how her breathing was getting heavier by the second she walked further away from that boat. How bad she wanted for that memory to get out of her head. After walking for a meter or fifty, she found herself a spot on the edge of the dock. She took off her heels for comfort and sat down while staring at the water streaming below her.

"Ethan," she tried to stop him and placed her hands on his chest to push him off her. "Ethan, stop," she mumbled, but her boyfriend couldn't hear her because of the loud music. She pushed as hard as she could against his chest, but he was too strong and tall for her to move away. In the meantime, his hands had found their way underneath her shirt, touching her damp skin because of all the sweat.

Even though she knew Lando would never have the same intentions as her ex-boyfriend, he reminded her of it. Lando was a sweetheart who wouldn't touch a girl with his fingertip without her permission. He wasn't even hard during the kiss they just shared. Even though he was a little desperate to pull her towards him, the kiss was soft and sweet. It was his touching on her back that made her mind go back to that night. The longer she thought about it, the more she felt tears boiling up in her eyes. It only took a couple of seconds before the first one rolled over her cheek, with many more to follow.

"Ethan," she tried one more time, and his lips finally left hers. "Oh, come on, Mads. I know you like it," he said with a dirty grin and continued happily kissing the skin of her neck as tears started to boil up in her eyes. She got more uncomfortable with every second, but no one was around to help her. Or so she thought.

Madelyn heard footsteps approaching her. For a second, she was scared it would be Lando. She wasn't scared of the thought of him sitting next to her, trying to comfort and apologise to her. She was afraid of the memories he would bring up and therefore wasn't interested in seeing him. She took a deep breath and looked up behind her to see not Lando but Max standing there. She gave him a faint smile. Max was exactly the person she needed right now. He was a friend who wouldn't push anything out of her and a good listener.

"Hi," she greeted him softly and tapped the space next to her. Max got her sign and took place there. They stayed quiet for some time, listening to the sloshing water and the music coming from the boat behind them. From the corner of her eye, she saw Max looking up at her and staring at her for a couple of seconds before opening his mouth to say something.

"Are you okay?" He asked carefully. Madelyn bit on the inside of her lip and shook her head. Max moved a little closer to her and grabbed her hand. With his thumb, he stroked comforting over the back of her hand. Her eyes twitched off to their hands holding each other, and a small smile found its way around her lips but disappeared within a few seconds.