ᴛʜɪʀᴛʏ ᴛᴡᴏ

hey are you on your way?

yup i think we're 15 mins
away from your building

we?

me and my best friend julien
the cab driver

hahahaha
text me when you're close,
i'll come down and wait for
you

👍
see you in a minute

can't wait ❤️

.・。.・゜✭・.・✫・゜・。.

The days after Silverstone were tough. The whole media and all F1 fan bases went wild over the accident. Being a part of the PR team, Madelyn had seen all kinds of hateful messages directed to the team and Max, which was pretty hard to handle. Keeping Max away from all of that had not been an easy job. Luckily for Madelyn, Max wasn't the guy who was very interested in social media. What was also nice was that they had a week off after the race to recover. Madelyn stayed in Milton Keynes to work on the whole media situation while Max went back to Monaco with Brad to recover from the crash.

Like they had agreed on in the hospital, Madelyn flew over to Monaco to spend time together. She flew in on Friday after work. When she got to Nice Airport, she took a taxi to Max's apartment building. Because it was later in the afternoon, the sun was starting to go down, and the city was slowly coming alive. Through her window, she admired the lights of Monte-Carlo. It was a magical city to see, and every time Madelyn was here she got more and more jealous of Max who got to experience this every day.

Madelyn smiled at the thought and moved her gaze to her screen, which was still showing the text conversation between her and Max. Her smile got even bigger when she saw the reply he had sent her. The smiley he added to the text made her giggle for no reason, and she had no idea why. Maybe it was because she was excited about tonight, or perhaps it was because she was falling in love with him.

After driving for a few more minutes she texted Max again to tell him she was close. She got a heart emoji back from him before she put her phone back in her purse. Julien, who was one of the kindest cab drivers she had ever met, drove her through the streets of Monte-Carlo. The old driver was talking about his time in the city. Madelyn listened to his stories with a friendly smile on her face while she impatiently waited for them to arrive at Max's building.