ғᴏʀᴛʏ ғɪᴠᴇ

After the Monza Grand Prix, it was time for the Russian Grand Prix

After the Monza Grand Prix, it was time for the Russian Grand Prix. As in Spa, it was a rainy weekend. Fortunately, racing was possible here. Lando took pole position on Saturday for the first time in his career. As a congratulatory gesture, Max had invited Lando to dinner with himself and Madelyn. Carlos and Daniel had also joined them that evening. It was a great night that ended too early because they had to race the next day.

Max had to start at the back of the grid due to penalties along with Charles. Lando shared the front row with Carlos. Unfortunately, he couldn't turn it into a first win. In the last few laps, it began to rain. More than predicted. Lando waited too long to change to the intermediate tire and slid off the track, eventually finishing seventh and Lewis taking the win. Max had a good race, though, and managed to climb up to second place in the last few laps. This was good for the championship, which was very tense.

After Russia, the team returned to Milton Keynes. They had a week of rest before they went to the next Grand Prix in Turkey. While Max was busy with simulator sessions, Madelyn caught up time with her friends, meanwhile preparing Max's birthday surprise. The plan was to eat out with family and friends at Max's favorite restaurant in London. Among others, his mother and sister would come. Madelyn also wanted to invite his father. But since his parents couldn't be in the same room together and Jos wasn't much into dinner parties anyway, she didn't think that was such a good idea.

Thursday was finally here, and Madelyn waited in Max's dressing room until he returned from his meetings and sim sessions. At the end of the afternoon, the door finally opened, and Max appeared in the doorway.

"Hello, gorgeous," he greeted her after he closed the door. Even though their relationship was now allowed within the team, they kept it a secret at Christian's request. Once the Turkish Grand Prix was over, all the paperwork would be settled. Only then could they announce their relationship to the team.

"Hey, birthday boy," Madelyn smirked and got up from the couch. She walked his way and slung her arms around his neck before standing on her tiptoes and kissing his lips. "Happy 24th."

"Ugh, don't say it. It makes me feel old," Max complained, still holding Madelyn in his arms.

"Shut up, you're only one year older than me," Madelyn chuckled.

"Wait until I mention the number 23 on your birthday. Suddenly you won't like the sound of that," Max said and let go of her. "So, what's the plan for tonight?" He asked.

"I already told you it's a surprise," Madelyn said. She walked to the table in front of the couch and grabbed the bag on it. "Here, change into this."

Surprised, Max looked at the bag in his hands. "Where did you get my clothes?"

"You had left those in my apartment," Madelyn answered. "Come on, put them on. Otherwise, we'll be late."

"Aha, so we're going somewhere," Max smirked at her and took his shirt off to put on the one Madelyn had prepared for him. Madelyn shook her head, laughing, as she walked out of the room but couldn't resist glancing at his upper body before closing the door behind her.