ᴛᴡᴇɴᴛʏ ᴇɪɢʜᴛ

The next morning Madelyn awoke to Max's arm moving around her waist

The next morning Madelyn awoke to Max's arm moving around her waist. Soon she felt how her back made contact with his chest and how he snuggled his face in her neck. She smiled to herself as she placed her arm on his and caressed the back of his hand with her thumb.

"Good morning, sunshine," she heard him whisper in her ear. His hot breath caused shivers to run all over her back, and the small kiss he placed behind her ear made it even worse. She turned to her other side to face him and moved his hair back with her hand before kissing his lips softly.

"Good morning," she said, a little horse because of her morning voice. They stared into each other's eyes as the morning sun of Austria shone into their hotel room. Their legs were tangled with each other under the duvet, and they lay like that for about five minutes before they got out of bed. Madelyn quickly sneaked into her own room on the other side of the hall, and both changed into their Red Bull uniforms. The two met again in the hallway after they finished, and together they walked downstairs to meet the rest of the team in the hotel's breakfast room.

Once they arrived in the room, the two saw several team members sitting at a large table, including Bradley, Gemma and Checo. Max raised his hand towards the group as a sign he saw them before he and Madelyn walked over to the buffet table to get something to eat. After getting some buns, Madelyn walked over to the fruit section. She grabbed an empty bowl before she stood in front of all the options. While biting her lower lip, she became deeper and deeper in thought as she decided what to have for breakfast.

"Found something yet?" She suddenly heard behind her. Quite startled, she looked back and soon met Max's sparkling blue eyes. His face was covered with a grin, letting her know it was his plan to scare her. She poked her elbow backwards softly into his ribs, causing him to let out a chuckling groan.

"Hey, I still have to race this afternoon, remember?" He said and pulled an exaggerated pout as if he was in a lot of pain.

"I hope you'll lose," she teased him and stuck her tongue out at him before grabbing some berries, strawberries and watermelon. She picked up her tray. Max chuckled at her face as they walked towards the table at which the rest of their team was located. Madelyn took place between Gemma and Bradley while Max sat next to his teammate across from her.

"Good morning, Mr Loverboy," Bradley grinned at Max after he sat down at the table. Max looked confused at his trainer while he grabbed his cutlery to start eating his breakfast. Madelyn, in the meantime, opened her water bottle and took a big gulp from it.

"Who's the lucky girl who got to celebrate your pole position with you last night? Never knew you would be so happy with pole." Max let his knife and fork fall onto his plate while Madelyn tried her best to keep her water inside her mouth by covering it with her hand, trying to remain as invisible as possible.

"What do you mean, mate?" Max tried to ask as innocent as he could. Bradley started laughing at the driver's ignorance.

"Please, Max. Oh, Max," the trainer imitated. Max's cheeks turned red, making the entire table laugh. Madelyn also tried to join the laughter but looked away to try and hide her cheeks from the rest of the group.