ᴛʜɪʀᴛʏ ᴏɴᴇ

Silverstone, the home of Formula 1

Silverstone, the home of Formula 1. It was a track like no other which had its own unique atmosphere. For Red Bull, it also was a home race, since their factory was located in Milton Keynes. Although, it didn't feel like it. Everywhere you looked, you saw Mercedes caps and flags with the number 44 on them. Here and there, there were still a few orange McLaren fans for Lando Norris, but they, like the Red Bull fans, were in the vast minority.

For Madelyn, it felt more like a home race because of her British nationality. She was thrilled to be back at her home track. Her friends and family were also there after being invited by the team. Her parents and brother, who were big fans of the sport, were blown away when they walked into Red Bull's garage. Max proudly showed his car to them after meeting them, which made sense after Madelyn had met his father a few weeks earlier. Madelyn's 20-year-old brother Noah even got to sit in the car for a while, which was a dream come true. Max explained everything about his wheel while Noah listened intently. Madelyn's brother was studying engineering himself and had always been interested in motor racing. Getting a masterclass (or maxterclass as he called it himself) from an F1 driver was almost too good to be true.

It was race day today. Yesterday, they had the first sprint race of the season. It was a new phenomenon in Formula 1. To be honest, both Max and Madelyn didn't really know what to think of it yet. Max in particular was having a bit more trouble with it, and he wasn't the only driver. Everyone was used to a certain routine, and it was suddenly thrown upside down this weekend. Especially having only one practice session before qualifying was something Max was less than happy about. But despite that, Max still managed to neatly secure a P2 during qualifying and turn it into a P1 during sprint qualifying.

Madelyn and Max stood side by side in the garage while her family were talking to GP and Christian. Both watched the Scott family, Madelyn with a smile on her face. "Thanks again for everything you did for my parents and brother this weekend," she said to the driver next to her. Max looked down at her and gave her his familiar smile.

"No problem. It was the least I could do for them," he said and turned his gaze back to the five people on the other side of the garage. He would be lying if he said he wasn't a tad nervous when he met her family earlier this weekend. But her parents were tremendously nice individuals who had been enormously grateful for Red Bull's hospitality this weekend.

"Have your parents always been fans of the sport?" Max asked curiously. Madelyn nodded her head. "Yes. Mainly my dad is the reason I ever got into the sport. For as long as I can remember Noah and I have watched races with him," she told him, smiling at the thought of her childhood days. "I always wanted to work in engineering first, but I didn't have the talent. That went to Noah. Then I found out you could also work in PR. I studied communications for three years, applied to every F1 team, and that's how I ended up here."