ᴛᴡᴇɴᴛʏ sᴇᴠᴇɴ

warning ;; NSFW

warning ;; NSFW

Saturday was the time for qualifying. Without any difficulty, Max managed to qualify his car in first place. Next to him stood Valtteri, and Lewis and Lando filled up the second row. Checo found himself in 5th place, which was not ideal for the team. But it was a good position to fight for a podium spot. The Orange Army was freaking out when they saw their favourite driver take pole position, and the entire Red Bull Ring was coloured orange because of all the flares.

When Max jumped out of the car, he celebrated his small victory with his team before holding his post-race interview in front of all the fans present. As he waited for Lewis and Valterri also to finish their interviews, he looked towards his team to look for his PR manager. To his disappointment, he did not see her among the group of engineers she usually always stood among to cheer him on.

When all the formalities around getting the pole position were done, it was Vicky who came walking up to him instead of Madelyn. Max looked at her with confusion all over his face as she stood close to him.

"Where's Lyn?" He asked immediately.

"Hi Vic, it's so nice to see you again. How are you? I'm good, Max, thank you for asking," Vicky rattled on sarcastically as she nudged her shoulder against his. Max chuckled and hugged his former PR manager.

"Lyn was talking about not feeling well after that hot lap yesterday. She said you knew more about it," Vicky explained as they made their way to the press conference room. Max's eyes widened as he heard what Vicky said. Madelyn actually meant it when she said she would ditch him if he didn't slow down two days ago. Fair play, Lyn. But now it's time to get you back.

After the press conference and many interviews that seemed to take ages and a debrief that had no end, Max finally arrived at his hotel after a long day. It was later into the evening, and the sun was almost down. The sky was coloured orange, just like the flares from earlier this afternoon, as Max walked into the lobby and took the elevator to the correct floor. After putting the card through the lock of his door, he stepped into his room, where he saw Madelyn sitting on the edge of his bed with a playful grin on her face.

"You," he said with narrowed eyes as he closed the door behind him. He dropped his stuff onto the floor and stepped further into the room. "How dare you leave me alone in front of the media?" He asked after he stood in front of her. Nonchalantly, Madelyn shrugged, still wearing the same mischievous smirk as she looked up at him.

"I told you I would if you didn't slow down," she said cheeky, to which Max reacted by rolling his eyes. A short, frustrated sigh rolled over his lips before he reached for her upper arms and lifted her up.

"Don't you ever dare do that again," he whispered before his lips captured hers in a kiss. His mouth firmly stayed against hers as his arms reached for her thighs, lifting her up almost immediately. Her legs wrapped around his middle, and he turned the both of them around to sit down back on the bed.