Chapter 15 - I pushed him out

Henri and I were restless, and Théo took it over from us

Henri and I were restless, and Théo took it over from us. The first day he was calm and easy, but after our first night he started to cry for no reason. Valerie assured me that Théo only missed his mommy, once Jen would be here, he would be fine again.

The only question was whether she would stay or leave after she had Théo. Henri and I were anxious, and I had an uneasy feeling in my stomach this morning. I was doing some paperwork while Théo was, finally, sleeping in his crib next to me. I needed to get those papers out today, because our new pack name, which was the Blue Moon pack, needed to be sent to the council for approval.

I was just finished when I heard some commotion outside. I stood up and opened my door. "Alpha Vincent? I didn't know you were coming." I told him when I saw him.

"I'm just accompanying a friend. Sorry I didn't notify you. Antoine told me it would be fine."

"That's fine. How are you?" I signaled him to come inside.

"Good. You?" he asked, looking in Théo's crib, who was awake again. "He has her eyes." He muttered picking up Théo.

"Do you know Jen?" I asked him after hearing his remarque.

"Yes, she was healing at our pack."

"Healing? Was she sick?" I asked, feeling sick in my stomach for not being there for her.

"She was healing from rejection." He told me still looking at Théo.

"I didn't reject her!" I said frustrated.

He shrugged "I don't know Olivier and I don't care; she went through the first phase of rejection."

"That's not possible." I shook my head.

"So, you still scent her?" he asked.

"Well, no, but that's because she is too far away from me."

"Are you sure about that?" Vincent asked while a soft smile on his lips just when my door opened.

"Jen!" I yelled in surprise "you came."

"Of course, I came." She muttered at me. She looked tired; Antoine stood protective behind her holding a bag. She looked at Vincent holding Théo and smiled at him, he winked at her. She rolled her eyes and shook her head at him.

"Can you hold him for a little longer?" she asked him.

"Of course, darling." He said with a smirk on his face looking straight in my eyes.

She stepped towards me and finally I could feel her again. Waves of anger, disappointment, betrayal, and confidence hit me. When she stood in front of me, she slapped me hard in the face.

"I wanted to punch you, but Antoine and Vincent told me that I would probably break my hand. Asshole." She walked towards Vincent and took Théo from him and walked out, slamming the door close behind her.