Chapter 8 - it's not that I have a chance with her

Thomas had ordered me to stay in the office because there were rogues signalized

Thomas had ordered me to stay in the office because there were rogues signalized. Even when I argued with him and Robert that I would stay in the city it was in no vain. Even Charlie and Eden backed them up. No argument possible. I stomped my foot on the ground like a toddler and huffed loudly before I plopped down in my seat behind my desk. I had no other choice than to stay here all day. In the end they were right, and I needed to work anyway. But they ordered me, and I didn't like it one bit.

Around 2 pm Charlie stood up "we are closing for the rest of the day."

"Uh? Why? I thought I needed to stay in for the rest of the day."

"My son had found his mate. Time to celebrate."

"Roberto found his mate?"

"Yes."

"Good for him! What about the rogues?"

"They didn't find them, but we are on high alert. Now, close up, I want to meet my daughter-in-law."

I closed my computer and took my purse, I grinned at him "I'm happy for Robert. Let's go, I'm ready."

When we arrived at the pack house the party had already started. Charlie went in search for Robert and Pearl pulled me in the kitchen. "Did you have lunch?"

"I ate a biscuit." She rolled her eyes and pushed me on a seat and placed a plate in front of me "Eat Jen."

"Yes mommy." I smiled at her but I started to eat. I was hungry, this baby is always hungry.

The doctor came in "ah Jen, how are you feeling?"

"Good. Hungry all the time. No more nausea. A bit tired."

"All normal. We can check the baby after you finished your plate."

"I will." He squeezed my shoulder and left the kitchen. I looked back at Pearl "how is his mate?"

"French."

"Really?"

"Does she speak English?"

"Yes, she can. Fortunately because Robert barely speaks French."

"Maybe she wants to teach me."

"Hey, I have learned you already a couple of things too."

I nodded "Oui, non, Bonjour, Bonsoir, pomme, fraise." (Yes, no, good day, good evening, apple, strawberry)

"Très bien." Someone said behind me. I turned around and Robert stood before me, proud with his mate tucked in his side. I smiled at them. (Very good)

"I know one more! Enchanté, I'm Jennifer." (Nice to meet you.)

"Nice to meet you too Jen, I'm Léa."

"Oh Léa, I like your name. It was on my list." She looked confused but Pearl took over.

"Jennifer recently moved to Vancouver. She knows about us."