Chapter 6 - Looks cozy in here

POV Eden

I was making lunch when Thomas and the rogue entered. 

"Ah, Eden. Meet our new pack member Kurt."

"Nice to meet you, Kurt."

He nodded "you too Eden." He looked around "where is Tommy?"

"Outside playing with Pearl and another pup his age."

"Did Jen leave?" Thomas asked.

"No, she is taking a nap upstairs. I'm concerned about her, she seemed off." I told him.

"Yeah, I noticed that too." Thomas said.

"Maybe because she is with pup?" Kurt said.

I dropped my knife and looked at him, first in surprise and then it hit me "you're right. Charlie told me that she had a stomach flu, but it is just morning sickness."

"That's why her scent was different. I thought that it was because Tommy stayed so close to her." Thomas said.

"I'm going to check up on her." I told them.

"Okay, I'm quickly going to show Kurt his place."

When I entered the room Jen was still fast asleep. I opened the curtains letting in some light and called out her name. She groaned and placed her arm over her eyes. "Is my hour already over?"

"Yes, I'm sorry. Are you feeling better?"

"No, I feel empty. Only when I sleep, I feel good. Uh... that sounds awful, I don't mean that."

"Explain Jen, because maybe I understand you better than you think."

"Before I came here, I slept with someone. When I woke up, he wasn't there, even though it was his room. I left because I needed to catch my plane. I can't stop thinking about him, everytime I close my eyes, I dream of him. I'm happy here, I love Vancouver, I love the work and the people, but I feel empty."

"Like a part is missing?"

"Yes."

"I felt the same when I ran away from Charlie. I think you met your mate, but maybe I'm wrong. For us humans we feel this but for them it's even worse. The wolf craves their mate. When you stay to long separated their wolf goes crazy or can even die."

"Then why didn't he stay?" She sighed and dropped back on the bed.

"I don't know, we can play the guessing game, but we will only know when you ask him."

"And the throwing up? Has that also to do with it?" she asked.

"Nope, I think that's for another reason." I stood up and handed her a pregnancy test.

"Oh no, way. We used protection... I think. And I am on the pill."

"Jen, if you slept with your mate, a pill won't stop it."

She groaned and rolled on her belly, face down in her pillow. "Take the test and come downstairs, lunch is almost ready."

15 minutes Jen came finally downstairs "I'm going home."

"Call me if you need something honey."

"I will."