Chapter 9 - She was travelling away from me!

My mate was not happy, not happy at all

My mate was not happy, not happy at all. I could feel her annoyance. It passed after a moment and was followed by joy. 

But then everything changed, she became stressed and worried. Her concern was almost suffocating, and I wondered if something happened with the baby. Henri wasn't at ease, he told me over and over to go get her. I couldn't, I still don't know where she is.

Around dinner time I felt our connection fading. She was travelling away from me! Frustrated, I slammed my fist on my desk just when Loïc entered, he seemed stressed. "What?" I barked at him but closed my eyes in regret.

"Léa called. We need to go to Moon stone pack asap." He sounded concerned.

"What? Why, what happened?" I asked.

"I'll tell you on the way over, it's a long drive. I have already six warriors ready to go with us."

"Do we need them? Is it that bad?" I asked.

"I don't know but I want to be sure." 

"Okay. Can you drive? My mate is leaving from where she is, and our connection is fading. I have a hard time containing Henri."

"Okay, you up for this?"

"I will once we arrive in Vancouver." 2 warriors stepped in with us and the others drove in another car in front of us. "Now tell me what happened."

"I tell you what Léa told me. We need to hear what Alpha Thomas has to say too." He started.

"Of course."

"So, Léa was presented to the pack and accepted immediately. Robert was caring and sweet. His parents came in around 3 o'clock and they were happy to see that their son had found his mate. Everything went good. Robert told her that he wanted to introduce her to a friend of his. He told her that she recently moved and that she was like a sister to him. When she entered the kitchen, she saw a beautiful girl talking with Pearl. She was saying little things in French, Léa instantly liked her. Even though she was human." Loïc said.

"There is nothing wrong with humans." I barked, my mate is human. I won't tolerate this.

"You know what happened with Léa's sister." He said.

"Yeah, but not all humans are bad." I scoffed.

"Anyway, they were introduced to each other, and Pearl told Léa that the girl was aware of us werewolves. That's when everything exploded. Léa wanted to call the council when she found out that she wasn't mated to one of the packs wolfs."

"Mon Dieu! Léa, this is your new pack for god's sake." I groaned.

"That's what I told her too. The girl stood up and then Léa saw that she was pregnant! She smelled like a wolf; she is pregnant of a wolf. The girl left and Pearl, Thomas and Robert took Léa to the office. They assured her that the girl was pregnant from her mate. But he left her after they met each other. Léa called the council, Pearl slapped Léa in the face and left the office. Thomas had locked Robert up, he wants to reject her!"